Chapter 18: What if...

(edited) 

Harry had no problem walking Amelia all the way down to Potions, when they got to the door, the duo exchanged their awkward, quiet goodbyes as Harry left and made his way to Charms. The hinges of the dark tall door creaked ever so graciously, at the very second Amelia had pushed it open and almost immediately, all eyes fell on her. She was late. Oops. 

"Miss Lestrange..." Snape spoke, letting each syllable stretch out on his tongue. "Care to explain why it is you decided to skip my class and take your sweet time wandering about the halls with Mr. Potter?" He said Harry's name as if it were poison and as soon as he finished his question, whispers and gaps emerged from the students. Looks of confusion and even disgust spread across the lot of teenagers in front of Amelia. More noticeably, the shock and anger emitting from her cousin and their friends.

Lestrange was nearly caught off-guard by Snape's knowledge of where she had just been, but she decided to try her best and save face. Amelia's retort came quick, "Not particularly no," trying her best to ignore the gazes burning holes into her face.

"Then perhaps detention for 2 weeks should suffice your seemingly unexplainable behavior?" Snape scolded. He didn't like being tested and he knew full well who she was, he knew almost everything to do with her and Draco but even being a bloody Lestrange didn't keep Severus from taking on the witty challenge. 

"Yes. Perhaps it will, professor." Amelia cracked her sarcastic smile and took her seat next to Blaise. She was getting under his skin and she loved it.

Snape replied, "4 weeks it is then Miss Lestrange." He turned his back to the class and arrogantly walked back over to his desk to continue the lesson. 

Before Amelia could even properly set up her cauldron and get some of her parchment ready, Blaise decided to jab her rib cage with his elbow.

"Potter? Bloody Potter? Are you serious?" He spoke in a loud whisper. He was definitely trying way too hard to contain his jealousy. 

The girl knew these questions were going to haunt her all day after her interaction with Snape so consider her already through with them, "Yes Blaise, get over yourself," she rolled her eyes and kept her attention on the eerie professor at the front of the class.

Blaise let out an irritated sigh and gave her side another jab. It was no secret that the night of the party, and the morning after, Blaise had already made the presumption that Amelia and Him would become a sort of exclusive item. "What the bloody fuck did you need to do with Potter while sauntering about in the halls?" he whispered, becoming more and more agitated with the girl's dry responses.  

 Amelia grew fed up, "We were just talking Blaise! Now would you please shut that bloody trap of yours so I can focus?" She furiously turned and faced him to look back into his eyes that we're begging to meet hers to search for some form of explanation or reason.  

"No we need to talk-" Blaise's response was cut short. 

Professor Snape easily took notice of the pair's argument. He quickly turned on his heels, "Mr. Zabini and Ms. Lestrange, care to share your urgent conversation with the class?" Snape's eyes bore into their stunned expressions.

"S-Sorry Professor," Blaise managed to mutter out when he tore his eyes away from Amelia's. He lowered his gaze to the parchment and book in front of him, too scared to lock eyes with the angered professor.

"Sorry," Lestrange reluctantly spoke as she averted her gaze back to the textbook and quill. It was fun to mess around and make Snape's blood boil but she was in no mood today to continue her usual playful antics.