Chapter 9: Blaise

(edited)

Amelia looked up to study Blaise's expression, but his eyes never left Harry. She could feel his arms tense up and tighten around her waist whenever Harry used Amelia's name. If looks could kill, the Gryffindor would've been long gone by now. 

Back in the common room was when Draco started his lecture, "What the bloody hell are you doing hanging out with Potter? You know better Lia!"

Amelia figured that she couldn't tell Draco the real reason, she didn't want him stealing or trying to include himself in her idea. Her response was vague, "I'm new and he offered to show me around, just drop it!" Before either boy could reply, the girl stormed into her dorm. Thankfully, there was barely anyone in the dorms. Curfew wasn't for another hour anyway. 

Amelia wanted to take her mind off the squabble she had with her cousin and decided to do some more reading. Just as she laid down, however, someone opened the door and stood square in the door frame. It was Blaise. 

"What the hell do you want? Come to finish Draco's lecture?" Amelia snarked.

"No.." Blaise sighed, "I came to tell you that we're all going to Hogsmeade this weekend and you're coming, however since you brought it up..." Amelia groaned, knowing where he was going with this. "Potter is no good Amelia, it's best you stick with Draco, Pansy, and I."

Amelia was fed up with Blaise, he barely just met her and he's already acting as if he owns her. If there was one thing Amelia hated more than her muggle parents, it would be people who tried to control her. She's been there before, and she hated feeling so powerless. Amelia was livid, "You're not my father Blaise, I can be friends with whomever I choose," she got up to walk past him but he put his arm out in front of her and lightly pushed her back into the room, shutting the door behind him as he walked in. 

Blaise was just as fed up with her, "Will you just stop being so bloody arrogant and just listen?" Amelia sat down on the bed and looked at him, signaling to continue. "Potter isn't worth it at all. You need someone way better than that little twat and I suggest you forget about him, fast." 

He walked towards the girl while she was sat on the edge of the bed and he leaned over, putting his hands on either side of her to prop himself up. Their faces were inches away and his voice got lower so that not a single soul walking by would hear, "Draco's told me about your "duties" so." He paused and picked up her left arm, pushing her sleeve up, "I suggest you put your energy and focus where it needs to be," he looked her dead in the eyes and ran his fingers down her, now settled, dark mark. 

Amelia yanked her arm away and stood up, making the pair a lot closer than they were moments ago. If he wanted to play like that, so be it. She knew he was jealous because she was spending time with Harry, she found it odd that Blaise took such a quick liking to her but regardless of his motives, his jealousy is exactly what she'd use to her advantage. 

Amelia smirked, "Surely you wouldn't want ALL my focus on just that?" Amelia shifted to her tip-toes to whisper in his ear, "Isn't that right Zabini?" She backed away smirking, looking up at him. It was obvious how flustered he'd become, so before he could reply Amelia shot him a cheeky smile and walked out of the dorm, head held high.

~

Amelia rushed to finish her work so that Draco and her could work on the cabinet. They were going to start this weekend but since Blaise was forcing them to go to Hogsmeade, the pair decided to start asap. It went alright, Amelia had a few tantrums because Draco kept mucking up. He was visually distracted and maybe a little disturbed, but Amelia decided she would not be the one to poke the bear.

--------

A/N: Okok sorry this is shorter than usual :/ I just wanted to put something out for you guys before I go to bed. Hope you guys enjoyed it! Lmk what you think :)) 

ALSO THANK YOU GUYS FOR  300 READS AND 27 VOTES IT MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING AND ENJOYING WHAT I WRITE!!!