Chapter 7: The Gryffindor Boy

(edited) 

The students got their schedules for the year and returned to their respective houses. Amelia found the Slytherin common room to be mediocre, in comparison to the grandiosity of Malfoy Manor. She found it odd that the common room was next to the dungeons, but she dismissed all thoughts alike to go on a walk and roam the school. 

Amelia found the clock tower's courtyard, there were a decent amount of students there, some small groups of friends catching up, a few couples shoving their tongues down each other's throats, and a few loners. She took her seat on the bench like spot, under the tall arches surrounding the courtyard, and cracked open her book. 

It was the textbook for charms class and figured she still had some catching up to do. 

After she began reading, Amelia heard a boy's voice call her name. At first, she ignored it, she figured it was Draco or maybe Blaise. But as the voice got closer she looked up and noticed that it wasn't her dear cousin or his friend, it was in fact, Harry. 

When Harry finally caught her eye he spoke up, and took a seat next to her, "Amelia Lestrange, right?"

"Yeah, that's me" Amelia giggled in response. Her initial thought was to ignore him, she was repulsed in simply engaging in the flattery, but she quickly remembered the goal she had set earlier today. "Mr. Harry Potter, right?"

Harry chuckled and looked down, almost as if he were annoyed that Lia knew who he was. "Guilty," he said.

Amelia studied his expressions delicately, "So, what's the "chosen one" doing chopping it up with a Slytherin?" 

Harry didn't seem to notice the intensity of Amelia's gaze, "Making friends," he replied, there was a slight pause before Harry spoke out, "So, a Lestrange huh?"

Lia was confused at first, wondering why he was asking or why he cared. Then she remembered that her mother killed his only remaining family member... yikes. "That's me," she proudly answered.

Harry nodded and continued, "You know, you don't look like a Lestrange or a Malfoy at that, and you certainly don't act like one either..." He spoke with good intention but Amelia took offense to it. No one disrespects her family like that. Before she could protest, however, he carried on, "I don't mean that in a bad way, quite the opposite actually." Amelia was ready to tear the stupid boy a new one, but she recalled the purpose of the need for a friendship with the Gryffindor. She needs to get on his good side, she needs him to trust her. 

Reluctantly, she replied, "Yea, I've decided to step away from the stigma of the family name for a while." She couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth, they were all lies. Simply saying that she didn't want apart in her family gave her a sharp and agonizing feeling in her gut. She was a damn good liar but lying about that and especially to HIM... She didn't understand, something felt off. 

Harry looked up at the Slytherin girl and considerately said, "Well, I'd love to help you adjust easier to Hogwarts, especially since people will have some issues regarding your last name."

Amelia was taken aback by the boy's seemingly unconditional kindness. "I'd like that Potter," she gave him a tight-lipped smile. "I'll see you in class tomorrow then?" and with that, Amelia left Harry with a twisting feeling in her gut yet a sinister smirk on her face.

~

When Harry arrived back at the common room, Hermoine and Ron practically ran to him. "Well?!" they shouted in unison. Harry laughed.

The trio waited until the common room cleared out, and Harry spoke up, "Guys relax, I think I've got on her good side, we're in." 

The gang celebrated their small victory. Their plan is to get close to Amelia. A few hours after the feast, Dumbledore was trying to warn them about Amelia, but being the heroines the trio are, they all decided it would be best to keep her close. After last year, they don't know what Voldemort and his army could be planning next. This way, they get to keep tabs and hopefully stay a few steps ahead of Voldemort and his army.

They went over their plan once again. Go to Hogsmeade with her, invite her along when they study in the library, things like that. Perhaps even the Winter ball. That bit was Harry's idea, and he hadn't dared tell his friends that part. He just couldn't help but think, what if he actually does go with her to the Winter ball, it's just for recon. Right?

Harry's mind drifted at the idea of Amelia accompanying him to the ball. He agreed, that she seemed very elegant and confident, she had beautiful curly brown hair and lovely hazel eyes but his train of thought was interrupted by his own conscious. 

Pushing away his current temptations, he focused back on the conversation Ron and Hermione were having, it wasn't anything important and no matter how hard the poor boy had tried to ignore it, his mind kept slipping back to the same Slytherin girl that just might be the end of him.