Chapter 8: Getting Cozy

(edited) 

The rest of the weekend went by pretty quickly. Amelia mostly hung out in the common room with Draco and his friends. The Slytherins held their annual back to school party and it was quite the get-together. Amelia introduced everyone to some muggle games and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The pair of death eater cousins had decided to start working on the vanishing cabinet next weekend so they could blame their disappearances on schoolwork. 

~

The first class was on Monday morning was potions. Slytherins and Gryffindors. Despite being excited about the class itself, Amelia was still nervous about being in a class with Harry. 

The students filed in and Amelia stood, looking around the classroom for an empty seat, that was when she made eye contact with that bloody brown hair, green-eyed boy. The two exchanged polite smiles and just as Lia was going to sit next to him, she felt someone's strong arm snake around her waist and pull her into a seat. She turned around, ready to deliver a hefty jab but she pulled my hand back when she noticed that Blaise was the one to pull her in. "Jesus Zabini! What the hell?" 

Blaise was glaring at her now, "I'm not going to let you go make friends with Harry. bloody. Potter." He was aggressive. Amelia rolled her eyes and shot Harry an apologetic look. He knowingly nodded and looked back down at his desk. 

Potions was simple, no shocker, Snape gave Amelia a break because she was a Slytherin. He looked really familiar too, Lia just couldn't put her finger on it. 

After Charms, D.A.D.A, and Transfiguration, it was time for the students to get lunch, Amelia decided to skip. She wanted to spend her time in the library to learn whatever she could about the Vanishing Cabinet. 

A few minutes had passed and the Golden Trio walked in and took their seats around Amelia. She looked up at them shocked and confused until Harry spoke. "Amelia these are my friends, Ron and Hermoine," He gestured to them.

"Uh hi? Nice to meet you guys." she looked at them briefly then back at Harry, confused.

Before Harry could say anything Hermoine butted in, "So what exactly is it that has you so focused on your book?" She leaned over to see what the Lestrange girl was reading.

Amelia protectively pulled her book away and closed it, "Just some history of the school, seeing as I'm new and all I decided to pick a few things up." It wouldn't take a genius to know that Hermione had an ulterior motive to find out what she was reading.

After a brief silence Ron spoke up, "Are you going to Hogsmeade this weekend? You're free to come along with us if you'd like." 

Amelia tried her best to not sound sarcastic or ignorant, "Um, I hadn't thought about it, Draco and I had some study sessions planned so..." Technically that wasn't a complete lie, she and Draco were going to be working together, just on Vanishing Cabinet. 

Hermione confidently spoke, "Well you should at least think about it, We'd have fun." Amelia replied with a nod.

Ron added to his friend's remark, "Hermoine and I are going to go get some food, you two have fun," he, not so subtly, winked at Harry then nodded at the girl as they made their way out of the library.

Amelia turned, "Well, that wasn't awkward at all, right Potter?" She looked at him, letting out a small laugh.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about them, they are quite stupid at times," He replied also laughing.

Amelia scooted her chair closer to the boy, "So tell me what was that wink about huh?" She stuffed the book in her bag and propped her head up in her hands while she rested her elbows rested on the table. She was determined to take advantage of this alone time with him. Flirt a little, getting him flustered, it would be a great way to get him to spill.

"It's just Ron being Ron, don't mind him," He replied.

"So who should I mind then?" Amelia giggled and studied his face. This whole production made her want to throw up but she was decided on bringing something to the Dark Lord that Draco couldn't.

Flustered, Harry chuckled and said, "Well you could always mind me... how about I take you on a quick tour of the school, It'll help you learn a lot more than any book will."

Amelia smirked, "Let's do it then."

They both stood up and headed out of the library to begin the tour.

~

After Harry's mini-tour concluded, he was imminent on walking Amelia back to the Slytherin common room, despite her protests. Amelia knew Draco would flip, the two barely got a hundred feet from the common room when we saw Draco and Blaise step to them. 

Draco snarked, "Well, well, well, Potter... cozying up to my cousin, are you? Not a very smart decision," he got closer to Harry.

Harry rolled his eyes, "I don't remember asking for your "blessing" to hang out with Amelia," he retorted. He was getting ballsy, even Amelia could admit that no problem,

Amelia scoffed, "Draco nevermind him, let's just go" she pushed his chest but he didn't budge, and yet again she felt someone's arms snake around her waist. This time it wasn't just one, it was both and they belonged yet again to Blaise Zabini. He pulled her back into his chest and held her protectively while Harry and Draco had their face-off. Lia didn't bother trying to get out of his arms, she knew things wouldn't cool down unless the boys got it out of their systems. 

Draco spat at Harry, "Stay away from Lia. Got it, Potter? Or should I maybe cozy up to your little family and see how you like that?"

Harry very clearly got annoyed and uncomfortable when Draco brought up his friends. "Oh shut that bloody trap of yours Malfoy! Amelia can choose what to do with her free time as she pleases." He stepped up to him, "You're not her father."

The boys went back and forth with petty insults and empty threats, Amelia ignored them and looked up at Blaise, she noticed something odd though, his eyes were burning with rage and jealousy.

--------

Hoped you guys liked this chapter! Sorry it was longer than usual, I got carried away and didn't feel like splitting it so yea :) Lmk what you guys think !