Chapter 5: High Tensions

(edited)

The next day Amelia woke up in her bedroom. She had forgotten the event of last night until the ache from her arm returned and she looked down to see her new mark. Just as she was admiring it, she heard a knock followed by her cousin's voice.

"Hey, um, how are you feeling Lia?" Draco questioned as he came into the room.

Amelia responded enthusiastically, "Never better Malfoy!" Draco nodded and sat next to her looking down at his hands, guilt washed over his face. Amelia was quick to notice and she spoke up, "Is everything alright Draco?"

The words spilled out of his mouth, "I should've warned you, it's not fair. You're the closest thing I've had to a family besides my mother and I should've gotten you out of here." Tears started welling up in his eyes. Amelia was genuinely confused and a little bit angry. 

She wasn't angry that he didn't warn her, she was upset that he didn't want her to become a death eater. He didn't want her to be powerful and sharp. She figured that he was probably more scared of her stealing his praise and becoming better than him over anything else. She saw him as just like her muggle father, she figured that he wanted her to be defenseless. 

"Draco, I want this. I want to be here and I want to serve the Dark Lord with my mother." Amelia paused and he looked up with a puzzled and surprised expression, Amelia's voice becoming more offensive, "You're scared, aren't you? Scared you won't be able to control me, huh?"

"What?! Lia have you lost your bloody mind?" Draco started, he grew frustrated with Amelia's accusations. "I don't give a flying fuck if you're stronger than me!" He scoffed, my expression went blank, I was confused, not knowing what he truly meant. "You know what... it's your death wish," Draco stood up and headed for the door. "By the way, you are to help me with the vanishing cabinet at Hogwarts... Dark Lord's orders," Draco abruptly stated as he left the room, slamming the door behind him. Amelia jumped at the sound and then plopped back into her bed, infuriated. 

~

The day went on and all Amelia could think about was how Draco didn't want her to outshine him, he wanted the Dark Lord to notice him and not me. He had said he didn't care but she couldn't figure another reason for his outburst so she decided that he was lying to save his ass.

After all, that's what her mother had been warning her daughter about all summer. Bellatrix had said that Draco was weak and questionable, but that he was going to do anything to protect his mother. 

A small part of Amelia did however think that maybe Draco didn't want her doing this because he himself didn't want to be doing this. Maybe he was actually looking out for her. 

Of course, those thoughts were quickly pushed away. Her mother taught her better than that. Bella taught her to always look for a hidden meaning or motive and because of that, Amelia was almost certain that Draco was only trying to get in her head. She was sure that he was intimidated and that he was trying to come out on top.

To get her mind off things, Lia took a walk around the Manor. The death eaters had gone, and so had Voldemort. She couldn't find Bellatrix or Narcissa either which she found to be odd but she brushed it off and went back to her room to practice some more spells. They were leaving for Hogwarts next week and Amelia wanted to be ready. 

She wanted to go in swinging and she wanted to make sure that her cousin, along with every other student at Hogwarts understood that she was not a force to be reckoned with.

-------

Ahhh sorry this is a short chapter I just wanted to get them to Hogwarts already LOL. I'll make up for it in the next chapter :)) Hope you guys enjoyed it!! Feel free to leave comments or suggestions and lmk what you thought!! 

ALSO THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR 78 READS AND 15 VOTES!!! I LITERALLY STARTED YESTERDAY SO IM PRETTY SHOCKED