Chapter 11: Connections

(edited)

With all the students filing their way into the different shops around Hogsmeade, Amelia and Pansy decided to split from the boys to go into Gladrags Wizardwear, they didn't want the boys to complain while we went shopping.

The girls picked out a couple of clothing pieces, some for themselves and some for each other. Nearly three hours later they finished their shopping spree and met back up with the boys for butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks. 

Everyone was eager to see Amelia drink butterbeer for the first time, Theo being the most encouraging. They all knew that she hasn't been in the wizarding world until recently and she had told them stories of not drinking anything remotely alcoholic. Given the example set from her father, she opted to stay away from those types of things, until now of course.

Draco walked over holding 4 glasses and set them on the table, "Drink up!" He chuckled and the friends clinked their glasses before most of them nearly finishing the entire jug. They spent a while in the pub talking about random things despite Draco not seeming invested at all in the conversations. 

Just as Theo and Blaise were going back and forth about their upcoming quidditch game, Amelia noticed Draco's grin turn to a frown, it was obvious he had remembered something dark and she made a mental note to ask him about it later. 

The Slytherin teenagers started to make their way out of the pub but unfortunately, just as they walked out the door, Harry, Ron, and Hermoine walked in. Draco snapped out of whatever slump he was in, he glared at them all while thinking of a clever insult, "Since when did they allow mudbloods and blood traitors in the pub?" he spat. His remark caused a laugh to emit from Theodore and Blaise but an eye roll from Pansy and Amelia. 

Amelia thought Draco was too childish for his own good. He held grudges and didn't know how to properly pick his battles.

"Always a pleasure Malfoy," Harry sarcastically replied while the Trio rolled their eyes and walked past. 

Amelia was walking in the back of her group, so just as Harry got to her, he slipped a paper into her hand and winked. Amelia's head shot a confused look but cracked a slight smile before Harry turned away and walked deeper into the pub with his friends. Thankfully the other Slytherins didn't catch her "exchange" with Harry, otherwise she would've gotten another earful from Blaise. 

~

Pansy decided to leave early so everyone said their goodbyes. The boys said they needed to go get something from Dervish and Banges so when they left Amelia opened the paper Harry gave her. The note read, I still would love to see you, without your "lovely" friends, come to the Shrieking Shack. Amelia smiled and slipped the note back into her pocket as she made her way to the shack.

The second she walked into the old and nearly fallen apart shack, Amelia called out, "Harry?" There was no response so she walked around and found him standing in one of the rooms upstairs. 

He turned around at the sound of Amelia's footsteps, it was clear she had interrupted him in deep thought. "S-sorry I was thinking and didn't hear you," he cracked a smile.

Amelia quickly scoped out the room before proceeding in. She was still not very fond of Harry and didn't know if he was trying to pull something. When she realized it was just them there, she stepped closer and said, "That's alright.. so what did you wanna meet me here for?"

"I just wanted to talk to you... most of our time together gets cut short so," He trailed off.

Amelia laughed, mostly because her plan was beginning to work and she needed a way to mask the fact that she was attempting to push down the sickening feeling she felt when she was alone with him. She's been told to shun him, everything her mother and her family has taught her was to hate and look down on him, she felt guilty for getting this nice and close. Her response was short, "That's sweet Potter."