4| Shinso's Quirk

Sometimes Midoriya had bad days. He called them relapses. Relapses into his depression from his middle school years and honestly, he's sure he still has depression, just not suicidal depression, that stopped when he met All might, thankfully. Well, not fully as he experiences one of his more bad relapses currently in the bathroom he had excused himself to. He's crying and gripping the sink like his life depended on it. His chest tightened more and more and his breath was being cut off as more thoughts kept pouring in. He had to get himself together. If he stayed any longer people will get suspicious. So why couldn't he calm down?!

Shinso just wanted to go to the bathroom. Why couldn't the gods just let him go to the bathroom in peace?! Now he was witnessing as his former opponent from the sports festival was having a panic attack. What was his name again? Mi..do...ku (?)-Mi...dori (?)-Midoriya! That's what it was.

"Midoriya", Shinso said, activating his quirk.

"H-huh?", is all that came out and that was enough for him to be under his control.

"Calm down and breathe slowly" Shinso ordered.

Midoriya didn't see who entered the bathroom but he was grateful that it was Shinso because the hazy fog that his quirk put on his mind was calming and perfect for panic attacks like these. Once he was back in control of his own body he sighed in euphoria because the attack didn't come back.

"I'm sorry-"

"Thank you so much Shinso! Your quirk works wonders for panic attacks."

"You're not mad that I used my quirk on you without your consent?", Shinso asked taken aback by the gratitude.

"I'm grateful that you put a stop to the panic attack!", Midoriya thanked him.

"So, uh, why did you have a panic attack?", Shinso asked cautiously. He knew it shouldn't be any of his business, but he always saw Midoriya when he was all confident and smiling, not a wreck like now.

"I-I... uh, it's kinda a long story and we have class so if you would like to meet me after lessons in my classroom I could explain it..."Midoriya trailed off. He hadn't planned anything for today and if anyone asks he could lie and say that he had planned it. Sometimes he hated how nosy his class was. Don't get him wrong, they're nice and all but just so- so nosy.

"Uh... sure", Shinso didn't know what to say to that, so he just agreed. He was curious, sue him.

"Great! I will have to dash now so see you later!"... and he's gone. Great.

Once Midoriya came back he gave an apologetic smile to Present Mic and sat back down on his seat. Uraraka didn't give him a worried look, so he was sure that the time he was gone was accepted as normal. She and Iida were like helicopter parents and he didn't like it one bit.

After school had finished, Midoriya slowly packed everything up to give Shinso more time to get here. He noticed that Uraraka and Iida stayed behind, as well as Todoroki and Tsu, so he sighed internally. Guess he had to make up an excuse since it seemed like they had planned something and were going to ask him now. He liked his friends but sometimes, especially on bad days where he wanted to be left alone, they were too clingy and nosy.

"Hey Deku!" Flinch.

"Y-yes?" and he stuttered. Great.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come with us to that one cafe close to UA?", Uraraka asked hopefully.

"A-ah, sorry... I met Shinso the other week and we made plans for today since I really like his quirk, y-you know?", Midoriya slowly declined.

"Oh... well okay! See you later then!", Uraraka frowned at first but quickly got herself back together.