18| Scars

Eri and Kota were visiting the dorms at the same time and Izuku wasn't surprised how they bonded easily. They both had trauma and were saved by him from a big mean villain, honestly, it was kinda cute and he didn't want to pull a Mina, but yeah they are probably gonna end up as a couple when they are older.

Eri and Kota were just talking when Kota asked a question.

"You were saved by Deku right? Were the scars made by the villain he saved you from?", Kota asked nonchalantly and Izuku saw how Eri froze and started to shake. A small 'Yes' escaped her before she turned to Izuku.

"Can-Can I cover up my scars?", she asked and she rarely asks for anything so it must be big. Izuku always tried to encourage her and he wanted to do that with her scars so... maybe he could....?

"Eri-chan, your scars aren't hideous or anything like that. They make you strong and us-you that you survived and lived on from that. But if you want to I can get you something to cover them up, I understand the need for it.", Izuku exclaimed with a small smile. Kota was watching the interaction interestingly.

"You- You have s-scars, Mr Deku?", Eri asked and Izuku nodded a bit sadly. Kota perked up.

"How? From who? Can you show us?", he questioned Izuku who just laughed nervously. He took a deep breath and went serious.

"What I am about to tell you, cannot be told anyone else, okay?", the greenette looked at the two children in front of him, who nodded eagerly. Izuku took a breath again and pulled off his turtleneck, revealing a star hand-shaped scar on his neck, shoulder and many other scars on his chest and back. Some of them seemed from knives, others were burn scars, and other just scrapes and most commonly star hand-shaped scars.

The two smaller children released a gasp looking over Izuku's upper body. Usually, there were no scars - except the ones and his right arm from his quirk - but now it was littered with scars. Eri reached out a hand and looked up to Izuku for silent permission to touch them and Izuku nodded. She slowly traced her fingers over some of the knives scars and then did the same with hers.

"Did the same thing happen?", she asked and Izuku sighed before putting his turtleneck back on.

"No Eri, something else happened.", Izuku trailed off thoughtfully. Should he share it?

"Can you tell us?", Kota asked, hopeful. He wanted to know how his favourite person and hero became the person he is today.

"O-okay, but it is going to be a long story...", Izuku checked again if they wanted to hear it. Both of the children nodded in okay, so he took a deep breath and started.

"I was quirkless before coming to UA. That means I never got a quirk when children usually do when they are four years old. This resulted in bullying and me being hurt or excluded from other people because I was quirkless. People hated me because I was different and still dreamed to be a hero, which many people thought isn't possible without a quirk.", Izuku tried to explain it as best as he couldn't the two little children so that they would understand.

"But you can be a hero! You are one!", Eri exclaimed a little upset. Why would they hate someone so kind? Why would they hate her hero?

"It was before I came to UA and got a quirk Eri, I only got into UA because I have a quirk now. I was only able to save you with a quirk. So when I was in middle school, the bullying became worse. I was now being hurt for being different and the teachers would never do anything because they also hated me for being quirkless. So I was at first just beaten, then the quirk use came in. Those with painful quirks or just anyone started to use their quirks to hurt me. This is where all of those scars come from."