10| Heroes

Midoriya loved Heroes. He was always at the front of their fights (as many as he could, at least before and after school; also one of the reasons he is the fastest in class- if not school) writing in that Notebook of his and quietly muttering to himself, even though he was trying to get out of that habit.

His love for Heroes was mostly because of their quirks (he didn't have one-), which is why his notebooks were encrypted and in German (not many people know this language in Japan) since they contained a very detailed analysis of the Heroes quirks (strength, weakness, you name it) that could be their downfall. (His mother had made him aware of that fact when she saw notebook #8)

Midoriya never thought that anybody would notice him, he was a useless, worthless, quirkless Deku after all. (He kind of jinxed it, didn't he?)

The heroes did notice him. His green hair made sure of it. They called him 'Miru' which translates to watch or see because he was always looking at the fights. He had gained quite a reputation among the heroes and if he shows up to your fights that means that you are usually a good hero. Surprisingly, Endeavor encountered him only once while in a fight, which made the other heroes a bit suspicious.

Underground heroes encounter him sometimes at night, with the start of their patrol and some rarely saw him at midnight wandering around the streets (when Izuku needs to get out of his borderline abusive protective Mother).

At first, none of the Heroes knew much about him, but he became quickly popular once Hawks had to save him once and had a peek at the notebook, later stating that it was encrypted and in another language, making them a lot more interesting. Once PowerLoader was able to get a semi-blurry picture of one of the pages, it took Nezu a whole day to decipher the code and ended with a very impressive analysis of Eraserhead's quirk. The heroes went wild and tried to get a photo of their section so that they could improve their quirks, costume design or support gear.

Izuku noticed of course that the Heroes improved and were paying more attention to him, but he paid it no mind because what could heroes possibly want from a useless quirkless Deku?

Hawks was the first one to have a full conversation with Miru and he was very proud of it. It was right after one of those bigger villain attacks with collateral damage and Izuku was on his way out when he heard a small whisper and cry for help. Knowing that the heroes probably wouldn't hear it or listen to him, he made his way over. There he saw a small child, maybe 5 or 6 years old lying under some rubble from the building.

Izuku first checked that it was safe to move the rubble and the made his way over to the child.

"Hey there, do you need some help?" he asked kindly and quiet enough to not startle the boy. The boy looked up to him with hopeful eyes and nodded.

"Okay, I will help you then. Does it hurt somewhere?", the greenette asked and the boy pointed with his free hand towards his left leg. Izuku smiled again to reassure the child and made his way over towards that rubble.

"I will lift this and then you need to be brave and crawl out. I will then put the stone back down and help you up and inspect you for more injuries, okay?" Izuku didn't know where that confidence came from. Saving people was all he ever wanted to do and especially with kids his nervousness just seemed to disappear. He never truly understood why or how.

Once Izuku lifted the rubble (and made a note to do some strength training) the boy crawled out. Izuku let down the rubble instantly and rushed to the boy. Due to Kaachan and other bullies (one had a knife quirk which is so cool but hurts) he had to learn everything about medical care and how to treat wounds (he started with 9), so he looked at the injuries and didn't find anything life-threatening.