Seungmin's Story: Part Two

Warning: Long chapter!!

     "Hi, I'm Hyunjin. Nice to meet you."

     "What's your name?"

     Well... this was certainly a turn of events. All Seungmin could do was look at Hyunjin questionably. This was a prank, it had to be. Those boys from before were probably in hiding, waiting for the perfect chance to embarrass Seungmin.

     After a few seconds of silence, Hyunjin burst into laughter. "Dude, I don't bite. Just asking for your name."

     "... Kim Seungmin," Seungmin finally said. He then got up. If he really was in the middle of a prank, he would be better if he left the scene right away. He turned his back to Hyunjin and opened his locker.

     "You know, that invite to the party wasn't just for show. Do you want to come?"

     At that, Seungmin suddenly began to feel angry. Maybe this wasn't a prank. No, this was something worse.

     "Thanks, but I don't need your pity," Seungmin snapped. That was the only reason any of this could be happening.

     But when he turned back, the only expression on Hyunjin's face was confusion.

     "Pity? Why would I pity you?"

     That took Seungmin aback. All the insults, all the targeting, what everyone did to Seungmin... was Hyunjin really not aware of any of that?

     So... was he just doing this out of the goodness of his heart?

     "Never mind," Seungmin muttered as he walked past Hyunjin.

     "Hey! You still didn't answer my question! Do you want to come!?" Hyunjin quickly caught up to Seungmin.

     Seungmin held back a smile. Dang, was Hyunjin persistent. He stopped in his tracks.

     "Um... no offence but... I don't even know you and you don't know me."

     Hyunjin only shrugged at that. "Well, I told you my name is Hyunjin, and your name is Seungmin, and we're in the same grade. What else is there to know?"

     Seungmin shook his head in disbelief. Was that really all there was to it? "That's not how it works. I... how do I put this... don't know your intentions."

     Hyunjin looked shocked at that. "My intentions!? I'm just talking to a fellow classmate and asking them if they want to hang out, like the nice guy I am."

     Seungmin's expression must have looked very skeptical because what Hyunjin said next surprised him.

     "Ok fine, you don't trust my intentions? Why not get to know me so you can take the time to judge whether I'm a good guy or not."

     "Wanna get coffee?"

     Seungmin DID NOT expect that. "Uh... lunch is almost over?"

     "No, it isn't. We have plenty of time!" Hyunjin pushed on.

     Seungmin was taken aback by Hyunjin's eagerness. Was going to get coffee with a complete stranger his idea of a good time? Either way, Seungmin was sure that Hyunjin would not be leaving him alone until he agreed.

     "... ok fine."

     "Whoo, let's go! So, what drink do you like? I'm more of an Iced Americano fan myself but..."