Han's Story: Part Two

Han half-heartedly handed over his and Minho's project to the teacher. He trudged back to his desk.

     "Whoa, who made you all gloomy?" Minho asked.

     "I didn't do well," Han pouted. "I'm sure what I wrote had nothing to do with yours."

     Minho smirked. "That's everyone here, don't worry."

     "I know, but still." Han laid his head on his desk. "Our story's gonna be so weird!"

     "Nah, we gave each other enough hints, I have no worries," Minho said, leaning back on his chair. "But maybe if we hadn't fooled around so much during work periods..."

     It was true. The two got along pretty well and while Minho was kind of distant at first, he was a good listener and fun to be around. It was a wonder how they had gotten down a finished product with how much they chatted during work periods.

     "Eh, I don't regret it," Han said. "Neither do I," Minho immediately replied.

     "But ughhhh." Han went back to his distressed state.

     "Hey. Chill." Minho put his hand on Han's shoulder and swayed him back and forth. "Stop worrying and be happy that it's over."

      "Ok, finee." Han gave in. The bell rang.

     As everyone stormed out of school, Han once again lost sight of Minho.

     In a way, he felt scared. Sure, he and Minho and had talked a lot, but most of that was for the project. Now that it was over, what reason would they have to talk again?

     His heart sank. What a shame, he had really liked Minho, maybe even enough to consider him... a friend. But Han had no idea how to go forward from here. How would he even know if Minho considered him a friend or not?

     He exited the school, resigned to whatever fate would throw in his way.

     And not even a week later, fate got back to Han. But it also revealed something disturbing.

     "Oh no!" Han exclaimed.

     "What is it?" one of his classmates asked.

     "I forgot my lunch money," Han groaned. He exited the cafeteria very annoyed.

     The hallways were pretty empty; everyone was either eating lunch or going outside. The perfect atmosphere to add to his gloom.

     "Han?"

     Han turned back at his name. And who would he see other than Minho.

     "What you doing here?"

     "Forgot my lunch money," Han said, trying to make his stupid mistake look casual.

     Minho smirked. "Good job."

     "Not you too, I'm too hungry for this," Han complained.

     Minho thought for a moment. "Um... want to have some of mine? My parents pack a lot of food."

     Han's eyes widened. "Really!?"

     "Come on before I change my mind." Minho turned in the opposite direction and Han ran after him.

     The food was delicious. But even better was getting to see Minho again.

     However, it was when the two of them were walking back when Han witnessed it.