Something New

At 1:50, Hyunjin was seated at his favourite spot at 018 Haven, anxiously waiting for some very special people.

     He usually wasn't nervous about meeting people. Heck, he loved meeting people. That was why he had such an easy time making friends, that was why everyone saw him as approachable. He shouldn't be so nervous about this.

     Maybe the fact that there was still someone out there that he hurt was a wake-up call for Hyunjin.  He was still capable of making mistakes. And after confiding to the group chat about his worst mistake of all, it was no wonder he was feeling apprehensive.

     Hyunjin had his phone with him, with Felix's picture opened. Every time the restaurant door opened, Hyunjin's head would jerk up to see whether the incoming face and picture matched. So far, nothing. Well, he had arrived early after all, in order to get the best spot.

     Finally, around 1:58, the restaurant's doors opened again. Hyunjin looked up and knew who it was immediately.

     The newcomer looked around the restaurant and finally, his eyes caught Hyunjin's. After a few seconds of glances, a smile spread across his face and we walked eagerly towards Hyunjin's table.

     "Are you Hyunjin!?" he asked excitedly.

     Hyunjin grinned. Yup, there was no doubt about it. "That's me. And you must be Felix!"

     "You know it." Felix took a seat.

     "But seriously. You're Korean. You must have a Korean name," Hyunjin said.

     Felix groaned. "The first time meeting me in real life, and THAT'S how you begin?"

     "Ok, ok, fine," Hyunjin laughed. "How about... you look just as cool in real life as you do in that photo you shared."

     "Much better!" Felix joked. "But back at you. I knew it was you the minute I saw you except for..." Felix looked at Hyunjin's hair.

     "Yeah, I'm growing it out," Hyunjin said. "Thought it might be cool."

     "I'm sure it will be," Felix said. "I'm thinking of growing mine out too, my friends tell me it'll look great."

     "Go for it!" Hyunjin said. "Send a picture if you succeed."

     "Or we could just meet again," Felix pointed out. "I mean, we know it's possible."

     "I know right? This is really cool," Hyunjin agreed. And it was. They had clicked so well on the group chat, it was really nice to know that even in real life, that connection stayed strong.

     "Where's J.One?" Hyunjin looked at the door. "I want to order when he gets here."

     "He's taking the bus, isn't he?" Felix said. "It must be late."

     "I guess so." Hyunjin shrugged. "Anyways, can we PLEASE talk about your stupid Among Us mess up? I've really wanted to yell at you in person, and now I can."

     "Hey, in my defence-"

     The two continued an animated conversation for the next ten minutes. And still no J.One in sight.

     "Is he the kind of guy who's late for everything?" Hyunjin asked. "Would be nice to know."

     Suddenly, Felix's phone pinged with a notification. Felix checked it. He immediately leaned back on his chair and groaned.

     "What is it?" Hyunjin asked.

     "It's J.One, that's it," Felix said. "I think I accidentally took most of our shared brain cell."