Chapter Seven; Cinderella's Ball/ Masquerade Ball.

Aiden.

When in love, someone will see your faults not as faults but as something beautiful and they wouldn't try to change you to be someone you aren't.

Spending time with the kids and Adrianna has been the best thing that ever happened in my life, and I intend to do it every day of my life.

I will win her over again, just like the weekend we spent together as a family. Right now am watching her present an idea for the company's annual ball.

As she explains, I don't hear anything except see her. All the people around us disappear.

"So, what do you think"?, She ends her presentation bringing me out of daydreaming of her.

My father was there waiting for my answer. He knew that I didn't even hear a word she spoke.

"I accept your proposal, Addie", Dad answered her, when he saw me not saying anything.

He knew that this would happen so he wanted to be there when she presents her idea for the annual company ball.

"Thank you, Sir. I hope that I will meet your expectations", she replied to dad.

She was all smiles, after all, she deserves it.

The meeting ended, and I waited until everyone left, I needed her in my arms. I didn't care about anyone or anything. I will face anything that comes between us again.

"Adrianna, could I talk to you?".

"Aiden, am sorry but am getting late, I have to be somewhere", She says packing her stuff in her bag.

I wanted to pull her into my arms as I did when we spent time together last weekend.

"Sir, Ms. Marques is here to see and she is in your office", My secretary interrupted us.

The look on Adrianna's face wasn't the look that I wanted to see.

She just shooked her head, and says"Bye, Aiden."

I knew that Monica screwed up any points I had with Adrianna.

That means I will work extra hard to get her back in my arms where she belongs, forever and for always.

I walked into my office, I saw her going through my things as if she was looking for something.

I cleared my throat, she was shocked to be discovered snooping around. It's as if she has done this before and was never caught. I guess today was her unlucky day.

"What are you doing here? and why are going through my things?. Shouldn't be shopping as always?", I asked her. And shouldn't she be with her boy toy?

"I...I was looking for my earing I left last time I was here", She stuttered. I knew she was lying.

When someone is guilty they would not look you in the eye and they will be very nervous and eventually make a mistake.

"Could you tell me what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to let you know that Steve wants a meeting with you if you could see him...."

I interrupted her; "Sorry but am very busy with different clients and I don't know when I will be able to see him.

Steve's company is on the verge of bankruptcy and now Monica wants me to invest in a fallen company and for me to lose the hard-earned money that my father and Adrianna's put in to make the company grow.

She wanted to help him so that they could still live in luxury, her mother with Steve and her with me. And I have other plans for her.

"If that's all, could you leave I have a meeting in about 5 minutes", I tell her.