Chapter Eight; The Proposal.

Monica.

Not every plan is foolproof.

When I saw them kissing at the masquerade ball, I was furious. I knew that I had to push forward with the plan of Alex proposing and marrying her.

I went and bought the ring that I knew she wouldn't say no to.

"Here, you will be proposing to her tomorrow night at her favorite restaurants and I already made a reservation", I said to Alex while handing him the book which had the ring.

He looked at me as if I grew another head. He knew better not to question me when I tell him to do things.

I owned him and he knows that. I know that Aiden will be there to witness it, and I know that she will say yes to Alex even though Aiden will be watching her.

Alex.

Ever since she knew my secret, this was her way of blackmailing me. I have my plans too. To get the money and leave. Even if I have to hurt Adrianna which wouldn't be hard.

Pretending to love her is kind of easy as fooling the brats too.

I knew that she planned this because she knew that Aiden will break up with her and go to Adrianna.

It wasn't my problem whatever she does as long as I get what I what. And that is money. The company. Her company.

I quickly called her asking her out for a date tomorrow. Then ask her to marry me by the end of two months.

I will have to emotionally blackmail her into agreeing. Am good at that.

Everyone in this has their plan, their motive to do what they do as long as they get what they want.

I want her company, Monica wants Aiden's money, while Steve wants everything that Aiden has. Everyone has needs and they need people to fulfill them. I have Monica. She is my pawn as much as I am hers.

The day we meet, I knew who she was and what she wanted as she knew who I was. I played along with her plan until I got where I wanted to be.

Author Pov.

Adrianna asked Aiden if he could keep the twins for the night.

Aiden wondered why did she ask him to do that. He agreed because his parents would be with them while he follows her to where she is going.

Arriving at the restaurant, Adrianna walked in and was led to a private room by the host, without her saying anything. There were flowers all over.

Strange, because she didn't see Alex when she when in the room.

She turned around and saw Alex down on his knees with a ring in his hand.

"Will You Marry?"

Adrianna was speechless, she didn't know what to tell him. She was planning to break up with him because she never did fall in love with him as he did with her.

She was about to answer him when the door was opened, there were F.B.I agents.

They surrounded the entire room. It was like there were waiting for someone to come inside.

Then Aiden walked in with someone familiar with them. Who could it be?

Adrianna thought as she didn't see his face properly as he was wearing a basketball cap.

"Hey, Addie miss me?", The guy said while removing the basketball cap he was wearing. She was shocked when she saw that it was Luke Bryan from high school.