Chapter Eighteen; A New Beginning.

Adrianna.

Everyone deserves a happy ending, well except Monica. Today is the day I decided to go and see her once and for all. To put an end to whatever hatred she has against me.

Aiden doesn't know because if he did, he won't let me especially alone.

You won't guess who is taking me.

Noah.

Yes, you heard it right. He says if he can't come, then he will tell Aiden about it.

As if, Aiden will never know. He is the first to know anything and everything that happened.

"Ready, we are here. And I'm coming in with you just in case anything happens. I don't trust her", He said as he parked the car.

"Fine but don't do anything to provoke her. You know how she is".

As we headed to the maximum prison where Monica was held.

She was sentenced to life in prison, for kidnapping, human trafficking, and murder. It turns out that Steve was a human trafficker.

He used to kidnap girls and boys to sell them to the highest bidder. They were planning that when they kidnapped Jake and Riley.

The guards took our things and then let us in.

When we saw her, she didn't look as sophisticated as she did. Prison and bad deeds do that to a person.

"Well... Look who is here? Did you come to gloat that you have Aiden and those brats? I should have killed them when I had the chance", She shouted trying to get a hold of me. Unfortunately for her, there were chains on her ankles preventing her to do that.

"I have a lot of questions to ask you. What did I ever do to you for you to hate me as much as you do? I treated you as my sister. But instead, you and your mother made my life miserable. On top of that, your mother let my father die. Why? Just because she wanted out of the marriage." I shouted at her.

Noah immediately came to my side, holding my shoulders, "Calm down. Dont cry, it's over"

"You want to why I hated you, I will tell you. Your father started praising everything you do. Adrianna this, Adrianna that. I felt unwanted by him. Thats when I began hating you. More so, when Aiden took an interest in you. I had a perfect plan to break the two of you up. But somehow, someone helped in putting me in here".

"Let's go, Adrianna. We are wasting time. She is still the same bitch as she was. Thats not going to change. Chucky's Bride. I pity you. You want to know why. Uncle Jake loved you as his own daughter too. You know what, never mind. You are not worthy of our time. Come on, Addie", says Noah dragging me out of the door.

"I hope you find what you are looking for", I tell Monica. When we reached the prison exit.

I felt lighter than before. I needed that. Even if some people might say that she doesn't deserve my forgiveness. I forgive her.

"Crap, It's Aiden", Says Noah taking out his phone from his pocket as it was ringing. I knew that he already knows where we are.

"Give me the phone, Noah. Hey babes, before you say anything. I had to do this for my peace of mind, dad always told me forgives is the key to move on from the past. So I came to close the last chapter of my life. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you sooner", I said to him.

All I could hear was his breathing. I waited for him to say something.

"I'm so proud of you, my wife. I understand that. But you could have told me and I would have taken you there myself. Anyways, I love you." He said surprising me.

I thought he might be angry but he was so calm.

"I love you see you at home", I tell him.

I know that he is worried that I visited Monica without telling but at least he trusts Noah.

I then hang up the phone and return it to Noah. "You are safe, Cuz," I said to him knowing that Aiden would be pissed at him for taking me without him knowing. They became best friends.

I looked at Noah, I knew that I gained a best friend for a lifetime and a brother.

"Thank you, Noah. For being there for me and for everything".

He smiles as we pulled up to the house. Outside was Aiden waiting for us. It seems that he was waiting for a long time.

Aiden

I knew that she would do this. She needed it to let go of the past and give her all in our future. I also wanted to be there with her.

Thanks To Noah for being there for her, even when I wasn't there. The waiting was torture, wanting to know what happened. I waited for them outside, pacing back and forth waiting for them. As soon as I saw Noah's car arriving I knew that she was safe.

When Noah parked the car, I didn't even wait for Adrianna to open the door. I did it and hugged her.

Thank goodness she is okay, or else Monica would be in serious trouble.

"Hey, I'm okay. See am here with you safe and sound", Adrianna says.

"I know but you have no idea, what the waiting does. You guys took longer and plus I was worried that something might have happened to you", I tell her.

When Noah walked out of the car.

He said; "Aiden, Chucky's bride isn't getting out there any time soon. She is in for life. Well what's left of her miserable life".

We went inside the house. It was the first time that we felt like a weight has been lifted from our shoulders. Adrianna was right, closure is what was needed to move on.

"Dad, Mum come on. You have to see this", says Jake who was getting taller by the moment. I followed him to where he wanted us to go.

"Surprise".

The entire backyard was decorated. It was like a new beginning for all of us. Adrianna was right when she said about forgiveness. We all need it to move on and start afresh.

"What's this?" Asked Addie.

"Well... it's a party more like a new beginning party for all of us. Besides we deserve this, more like we need it", replied Anna giving each one of us a glass of champagne.

"A toast to a new beginning, happiness, and more babies to come", She says while taking a sip.

A new beginning was what we all needed.

Looking at our friends, kids, and families that were there with us, it felt special to be with them.

It felt so right to be here with the love of my life and our kids.

I couldn't help but remember the time I asked her if we could have one more baby.

Flashback

"Adrianna, one more baby", I tell her.

She looked at me and said; Why don't you have them instead of me?, Aiden no more babies. Four are enough". I agreed with her.

My wife is always right.

End of flashback.

Looking at my life right now, I won't change anything. I got what I wanted. Adrianna and four amazing kids.

And I gained a best friend Noah. I just hope Luke doesn't let his happiness slip away from him.

Happiness can be yourself and it can also be a person. Just smile while you still can.

The End.