Chapter Thirteen; The Heroes.

Being a hero doesn't mean you have to wear a cape. Being a hero doesn't mean you can't be a normal person. Every hero needs a supporter.

Aiden

After hearing the gunshot. Luke and I rushed to where we heard the sound.

What we saw, wasn't something to be seen by kids of any age kind. Jake, my son was holding a gun, to someone who was choking his sister. I knew that look on his face. It was a look of anger, just like mine was.

I knew that James fired the shot but missed. He shot the guy in the leg.

I can't say that am not proud of him for saving his sister. The man looked like he was in pain. Wincing trying to move away from us. Thats dumb, for him anyway.

When they saw me, they couldn't believe that it was me.

"Dad, where's mum?", Asked tearful Riley. I didn't know what to tell her.

"First let's get you to safety, then I will take you to your mum".I said taking them back to the van.

"Not so fast, baby", Monica said while pointing a gun at us. She had her thugs with her, all of them had guns pointing at us.

I looked at Luke, hoping he had a plan for this. He looked surprised as I was. We weren't prepared for this.

"Hey twins, remember how I trained you using magic?", Noah's voice came from the walkie that Luke had.

What I saw next was something on Jake and Riley's faces a wicked grin.

"Dad, watch". Riley told me while one of Monica's thugs disappear.

One by one, they were taken. The only ones who remained were Monica, Steve, and two guys.

Jake took out a sling, from his jean pocket. I wondered where he got it from. He picked up a pointy rock and aimed at it Steve's forehead.

"Now!!"

The twins split when they heard that. Taking out the remaining guys.

I was awe by how they did it. I was worried about being hurt, what I should worry about was the guys whose asses are been kicked by my kids.

After all that happened, Jake took down the guy near Monica as if he was a stick. I need to learn those moves. Even if it's from Noah.

All the guys were down, Monica got hold of Riley pointing a gun at her, that's bad for her not for Riley.

"Ry, knee cap", Shouted Jake at his sister. She knew exactly what to do. She flipped, and Monica lost her balance, making Riley get the gun without any problem.

"Damn, remind me not to mess with you guys", one of the agents congratulated them, "When you grow up, you could join the F.B.I...."

"No!" We said at the same time(Luke and Aiden). Knowing they will say yes without a single thought. I want them to have a normal childhood when they become adults they can do whatever they want as long as they are responsible to handle it.

"Come on dad. It is fun", they both said to me while grinning at Noah.

"When we get home, we need to talk about everything", I tell Noah wanting him to explain how did my kids fight like that, without me knowing about it.

As we were approaching home, I didn't know what to tell the kids about their mom.

They quickly got out of the van, and run to the house hoping to find their mom. But they were disappointed because they didn't see her.

"Dad, where's mum?" Asked Riley. "And don't lie to us, please dad" Added Jake.

I was about to answer them when my phone rang.

"Hello, Aiden...

The voice sounded like Adrianna's.

"Addie, is that you?"

"Yes, I just woke up, I didn't see you or the kids, I figured you were home with them. Could you bring them, I want to see them and you", she tells me. I knew that we will make it.

I told her I would bring them in a while.

"Was that mom? Where is she? Is she okay?", They both asked at the same time.

I sat them down on the couch, I explain everything that happened to them and Adrianna. She and I agreed that we won't keep any secrets from them.

"That's what happened. Now she is in the hospital, waiting for us. So could let's go freshen up and then...." I couldn't even finish the statement. They both ran to their respective rooms to get ready.

"You will get used to that. They aren't kids anymore. I train them so that they could learn how to control their anger and not hurt each other or anyone else", Noah explained.

"I know but it is so hard to see that they can fight like that. I mean as a dad you want them always protected, away from danger, and not let them do dangerous things like taking down bad guys". I knew Noah had great intentions to teach the twins self-defense.

"Thank you for teaching them. I appreciate it".