ix • tabish

C O M M E N T   L O A D S ! 💕

"Stop," Daneen ordered, turning around in such an abrupt manner that she was nose to nose with Tabish

"Stop," Daneen ordered, turning around in such an abrupt manner that she was nose to nose with Tabish. Daneen took a few steps back,  her eyes trailing down to the hallway floor.

Just a few steps away, Tabish could make out what were his mother's and grandmother's voices.

Tabish stared at her. At her light pink nose, her glassy eyes, and the splintered pieces of her soul. He stared at her as her jaw pulsed from restraint. She didn't deserve this.

"I want to go back."

"I can't let you."

Daneen looked at him. "I'm not a baby. Stop trying to protect me as if I'll shatter from the slightest blow."

"As if you haven't enough."

Don't let him get to you. "If there's one thing I won't do at any costs, it's letting someone else fight my fight. And this is not Ammi Jaan's fight."

"Aren't you tired with all the fighting you've been doing?" Tabish searched her face. "Is it so bad to let someone else do it for you?"

Daneen raised her chin. "I trust no one but myself."

Tabish clenched his jaw as Daneen swerved around him and walked to the door of Ammi Jaan's room, which was exactly as they'd left it. Careful not to be seen, Daneen stood near the doorway, moving an ear closer to it.

Tabish took silent steps towards her until he was standing right before her, just a few feet away.

Daneen met his eyes, glancing over his pajama shirt. A few seconds later, she spoke. "I can't believe you wear perfume to bed."

Tabish brought his arm close to his nose, and sniffed. "I always smell this nice."

Daneen rolled her eyes at the statement, but Tabish was debating whether it was really a smile she was trying to hide away.

"As if I'd know."

I wanted to make Daneen spill a few tears back there (since that is what I do best to all my characters) but it just isn't in character for her to let her guard down, even if she's breaking inside (which Tabish already knows because he's an absolu...

I wanted to make Daneen spill a few tears back there (since that is what I do best to all my characters) but it just isn't in character for her to let her guard down, even if she's breaking inside (which Tabish already knows because he's an absolutely mushy cutie pie) :")