xxx • tabish

"You trying is enough," Tabish spoke as he walked to the light switch and turned it on, allowing himself to catch the shock, surprise and embarrassment that passed through Daneen's features

"You trying is enough," Tabish spoke as he walked to the light switch and turned it on, allowing himself to catch the shock, surprise and embarrassment that passed through Daneen's features. "I was sleeping. I'm glad I woke up just in time."

"Jerk," Daneen muttered, looking away. This was as unfairytale-ish as it could get.

Ammi Jaan sighed. "Here we go again."

"You meant every word you said, didn't you?" Tabish questioned as he sat down on the bed at Ammi Jaan's feet.

"The only reason I said what I said was because I knew you were in the room." Daneen glared at him, even though her cheeks burnt red, even though she knew he knew she was just looking for ways to go past him. "To feed your ego."

"I know all I need to know," Tabish smiled. "Didn't think the tea trick would actually work this well. Badar needs lessons from me."

"Badar needs to come home and get a good beating from me," Ammi Jaan snapped. "I've been hearing tales of his bravery from the neighborhood aunties."

"They just need a topic of conversa-"

"He jammed the vending machine at the SuperMart!"

"Because the machine ate up his money!"

"So he resorted to sliding his hands into it to get his snack out?"

"I mean... what else was he supposed to do?" Tabish queried in a timid voice.

Ammi Jaan shook her head, her eyes falling over Daneen's lowered head. The girl had been fidgeting with her fingers the entire duration. Tabish followed her line of vision.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping," Tabish spoke. "I have a test tomorrow I was studying for, and I fell asleep. You probably preferred me not knowing any of it anytime soon. As for the tea... I genuinely thought you were busy, Daneen," Tabish said, his voice lowered an octave. Warm and calm. "There won't ever be a day I won't ask you for tea. I hope you know that."

"As if I would've made it for you."

"Then why do you always do?"