Chapter two~Owen

I had just hopped out of the shower and my phone started ringing. On the screen an incoming facetime call was popping up.

"Hey Beck. Whats up?" I said

"You. me. Beach in twenty?" He asked

"I'm down. I just need to get changed. How about me meet at my house now?"

" I cant man, my aunt and cousins are gonna be here any minute now. I have to do a quick little hello and I'm out." Beckham explained

"Oh ok. Hey how come you-" I was saying until I got interrupted.

"Well shit." I heard Beckham say

"What?" I begin, he didn't hear me though because he started speaking again.

"Ho-" Then the call ended.

Weird, I thought but whatever.

I started getting ready. I grabbed a pair of red swim trunks and threw an old LAHS shirt from freshman year and started looking for my shoes.

"Hey Lee, do you known where my sandals are?" I yelled across the hall

"How the fuck should I know?" Liam responded.

"I don't fucking know." I said

"Language." My mom yelled.

He stopped responding. Whatever.

Liam was my little brother. We were both juniors now but I was ten months older.

" Mom have you seen my shoes? I'm going to the beach with Beck." I asked

"Kitchen. Have fun O. Be back by dinner though" my mom replied.

"Will do." I slipped on my flip-flops and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and left.

I hopped into my jeep and drove down to Beckham's house. I saw a new little restaurant on the downtown side of L.A and made a mental note to visit it sometime. I loved Los Angeles this time of year. Sure, it was early September and school was coming up. But it was perfect weather and so many cool places to see. The only bad thing about this town was it was always the same superficial people since Kindergarten. Everybody stayed here yet nobody changed. Other than that,I really couldn't picture myself anywhere other than here in California. 

I got to the gate at Beckham's house and called his phone. He picked up the first ring.

"Heading down towards the gate." He said as if he could read my mind.

"Okay great." I replied. I hung up and picked up some of my football stuff from the passenger seat and put it into the back seat.

"Hey." Beckham said while opening the door and hopping into the jeep.

"Hey Beck." I replied, driving off.

" Perfect beach day, huh?" I said breaking the silence.

"It really is, hence why I asked you to hang out there." he said looking out the window

"Mhm." I mumbled.

"So, your cousins are here now? Whats up with that?" I asked Beck

" Yeah, I don't know the exact details but their dad was a druggie and did shit to them. So my aunt had enough and left a few days ago. So now they are all living with us for the time being." Beck replied. I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Ugh that really sucks. I guess they are part of the shitty dad squad too." I tried to say with a laugh, to hopefully lighten the mood.

"Without a doubt. Although I'm glad they are out of that and now under my wing." he grinned