Chapter five~ Hollis

After hanging out a Enzo's, Owen dropped me off at my house and we parted ways. The last thing he said to me was "I'll text you."

That was Friday, it was now Monday morning and he did not text me.

I don't know why I was getting all worked up about it, but I was. 

After all, I had other things to worry about. For instance, today was the first day of school.

I woke up extra early and did an extensive skincare routine. While, the skincare was setting in, I went to look for a cute yet casual back to school outfit. 

I ended up deciding on light wash ripped jeans and a white cropped cardigan, I stole a pair of Brooklyn's white air force ones and put on a few gold necklaces.

I walked into the bathroom and starting curling my hair. I was about 3/4 done with my hair when I got a notification on my phone. An unknown number popped up in the new messages. I clicked on it and it had an area code number. 

unknown: hey

me: hello..? who is this?

unknown: Owen.

I smiled got back to curling my hair. Of course it was him. I decided screw it and I called him.

He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey stranger." I said, setting my phone down on the sink countertop.

"Hey Holls." He said smiling

"Sooo how did you get my number?" I asked while looping the last strand of hair through the iron.

"Beck." He replied, slipping his shoes on.

"Right." 

I walked out of the bathroom and looked at my room and examining my backpack, checking to see if I had everything I needed.

"Anyway, I'm coming to pick up Beck, want a ride?" He asked.

"Um sure." I replied hestitantly

"Cool. well that's all I guess. See you in a few?"

"Yep, see you." I said, hanging up the phone.

I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mother, Lynie and Beck sitting at the table.

"I'm catching a ride with Beck." I told my mom, while pulling out the cinnamon toast crunch.

"Okay sounds good." my mom replied, not looking up from her phone.

"Wait when did that happen?" Beck said getting up and putting his bowl in the sink.

I walked over to the table and took his spot. I began eating my cereal fast.

"Five minutes ago." I said with a mouthful of cereal

"I knew ya'll were friends but damn. Also what was that instagram post?" he laughed