Chapter four~Owen

As I was driving home, I thought about two things.

I didn't only make the football team, but I'm the freaking captain now.

And I had yet again thrown a football at the one and only Hollis Green.

I got home and Liam and mom were sitting in the living room watching tv.

"Guess who is the new football captain?" I said grinning.

"Yeah right." Liam said laughing.

They didn't believe me at first which wasn't surprising. Until I had shown them a picture of the flyer coach posted.

"Oh my God, Owen we need to celebrate!" My mom said, getting up

"Yeah that would be fun. Maybe a lowkey dinner." I said, walking into the kitchen.

"I'm going to a party tonight though, with Beck." I told her.

"Sounds good." my mom replied.

I walked upstairs into my bedroom. I flopped down on my bed and checked my phone. 

3:08 pm

I guess I had some time on my hands.

.......................

I walked into the party and scanned through the crowd to see if I knew anyone. I mean yes, I knew a lot of people but I was more looking for one person.

"Owen! Come hang for a minute!" I heard Beck yell

He gestured for me to come over and I did. He was hanging with a group of guys on the football team.

"Hey" I said as I walked over.

"Hey Windress." Elijah, a boy from the team said.

"Want a drink?" Mason asked handing me a cup

"Oh no thanks, I'm good." I said.

He looked suprised but said, "okay."

"Uh guys, I hate to end the conversation but Mona is over there and ya know.." Beckham said.

I laughed, "Go have fun, Beck."

He smiled and walked quickly towards Mona,  a 5'8 Filipino girl.

"Soo hows it being the star quarterback and captain of the football team?" Elijah asked.

I laughed, "Oh just dandy. These five hours have been so eventful."

He laughed, "I can imagine."

"Anyway, Mase and I are gonna go get more drinks. See you around?" Elijah said.

I nodded and turned toward the kitchen, scanning for that brown eyed girl. 

And that is when I heard my name and a tap on the shoulder.

"Heyyy Owen." I turned around and saw Breya, twirling her hair around her finger. She was looking right at me.

"Have you seen Hollis?" I asked her.

"Um I came here with her but last I saw of her, she was over there." She said pointing near the stairs.

"Thanks" i said walking away.

I know I shouldn't have been pissed. But I was. Who the hell left a sixteen year old girl alone at a party. 

I looked around the staircase and there was no Hollis. No Hollis in the kitchen, nor living room.

I made my way up the stairs and heard muffled voices.

"Stop. Please stop."

"Just shut up and be still!"