Chapter 3

“Tell me, what do you think is the ultimate fear? I really thought I’d already reached the darkest of the dark, but then, ahead of me, I beheld a darkness even greater still.” 

No one's pov:

The next day came rolling around with sweet chirping of cute birds(especially parrots 😋🦜).

A blonde boy cracked open his eyes which were now puffy and red cause of crying all night. Dark eyebags were present on his tanned face.

He started tearing up again after remembering what happened last night. Though he still hold onto the little hope that everything will work out well in the end. 'It won't always will be dark, the sun will rise with all its warm rays', he kept repeating like a mantra.

He stood up. Today they will be assigning the new teams. He really hopes to be in a team with members who won't ridicule him like everyone else.

He signed and did his morning routine. Grabbed his hitae ate and went to academy.

He jumped from roof to roof wanting to avoid the harsh glares of the villagers. Today is a special day. A day when he starts his new chapter in his life as a leaf ninja. He can't let the negativity take over his what now leftover positivity and sanity.

He reached the academy, barely getting into class before the bell rang. He looked over and saw an empty seat near Sasuke and sat there and went into his head pondering over his life choices.

He is brought back to earth by ear splitting screeches of two girls. The top kunoichi Haruno Sakura and her supposedly rival Yamanaka Ino. Both were simultaneously trying to enter through the 'small' door.

They both now entered the class and went where Sasuke and Naruto are sitting.

"That seat belongs to me, baka. Move." The pink haired girl screeched.

"What do you mean it belongs to you? If anything, I deserve to sit there, billboard brow". Ino screamed back.

Naruto sighed, he didn't want to deal with them at the moment. He stood up and decided to go to the back seat. Sasuke looked at him.

The girls saw Naruto standing and rushed to claim the seat, pushing Naruto.

Naruto lost his balance and fell on top of Sasuke, who was still looking at him. Their lips met and... everything was silent for five seconds until all girls in the class started screaming like there's a cockroach under the bench.

The loud noises broke whatever trance the boys were in and both pulled away with wide eyes and hand over their mouth.

"What the hell, dobe?" Sasuke glared at him.

"Why are you blaming me, teme? You saw what happened." Naruto glared back.

Suddenly Naruto was pushed down to ground by Sakura.
"How dare you steal Sasuke-kun's first kiss?" She hissed.

Naruto's throat tightened and his eyes stringed. Small tears appeared on the corners of his eyes."So much for hoping to have a bearable day." He mumbled softly.

Sasuke saw his expression and decided to not make it worse. He went back to brooding and Sakura claimed the seat next to him, clinging onto the hand of the Uchiha.

Just then, Iruka entered the class. "What are you doing on the floor, Naruto? Get back to your seat."

Naruto's eyes turned red for a split second as he felt the familiar rage of red chakra trying to take over him. He tried to suppress it by repeating hopeful words over his head.

Naruto stood up and sat behind everyone. Iruka addressed the class and went on about a small speech about what it means to be a shinobi. Naruto tuned out everything and just stared ahead.

Soon Iruka started announcing the teams. "Team 7 consists of Uzumaki Naruto", Naruto perked up hearing his name. "Haruno Sakura", Naruto stood up cheering, while Sakura slumped down. No matter how annoying she is, Naruto looked up to her like he looked up to Sasuke." And Uchiha Sasuke". Iruka finished.

Now Sakura cheered while Naruto just lay his head on the desk, smiling. He got a team with two people he looked up to. He felt like he's on cloud nine.

"I knew this day would be good." He smiled at himself. Maybe life wouldn't be as bad as before anymore... Only if he knew... that he shouldn't get his hopes high.

"Your sensei will pick you up after a while." Iruka said after he finished announcing the teams.

One by one, teams got picked up by their respective senseis. There only one team left in the class, who are 'very patiently' waiting for their jonin sensei.

After three hours of long waiting, their sensei showed up.

"Team 7..." He started by cut off by blondie and pinkie. "YOU'RE LATE".

"Sorry, I got lost in the path of life..." He stated. "Meet me at the rooftop in five, okay?" He said, and before the genins could say anything, he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Naruto shrugged and went to rooftop followed by Sasuke and Sakura clinging to his side. They sat infront of their sensei and studied his appearance.

He had black spiky hair which suspiciously resembled Naruto's. Leaf hitae ate crooked over his left side completely covering his left eye. His right side of the face covered with scars. He is wearing simple black shinobi outfit along with jonin vest.

"Alright, now that everyone's here, let's start with introduction." The jonin said to the still sore faced genin.

"What are we supposed to say?" Sakura asked, eyeing him like he asked her to reveal her darkest secret.

"Hmmm... Your name, like, dislikes, hobbies, dreams?" He looked at his students

"Why don't you show us how it's done, since we don't even know your name?" Naruto asked cockily.

The jonin raised his visible eyebrow and then nodded. "Fair enough. My name is Uchiha Obito. I'm one of the survivors of the massacre. I like ramen, dango and training. I dislike...I can't think of anything, so I guess that's no. My hobbies reading and I really like helping people. My dream is to become stronger so I can protect people dear to me. It's your turn now, blondie." Obito said cheerfully.

"My name is Uzumaki Naruto. I like ramen, dattebayo. I hate the three minutes I have to wait till the ramen is prepared. My hobbies are pranking and annoying the hell outta Iruka sensei. My dream is to become the hokage, believe it!" Naruto said in a matching cheerful tone.

Obito eyed him for a second or two. His sensei's son. Naruto reminds him of himself when he was little.

Obito points to Sakura.

"My name is Haruno Sakura. I like", *giggles while looking at Sasuke* "my hobby", *giggles while looking at Sasuke*, "my dream is", *giggles while looking at Sasuke, blushing*, "and I hate Naruto!"

Naruto face flashed with hurt expression for a second or two but he quickly covers it with sheepish grin. It didn't go unnoticed by Obito.

"I see. Next, you" Obito points to Sasuke.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. I don't particularly like anything and I dislike everything." He continued with his brooding posture and dark expression. "My dream..no, my ambition is to restore my clan, and kill certain someone."

Obito sighed. He knew Sasuke closed off himself after the Uchiha massacre, but he didn't realise Sasuke was slipping into the dark side. He have to help Sasuke and bring him back to light.

"Alright. Meet me in the training ground at 7 in the morning. We'll do a survival test. Oh, and eat breakfast, you'll puke." Obito said before he shunshined away.

What Obito didn't realise is that Naruto needed help just like Sasuke, precisely, more than Sasuke.If only Obito gave the same attention to Naruto, then maybe... just maybe, he could've prevented it from happening. However no one noticed his turmoil. They couldn't, of course. Because it was well hidden behind the perfect smile of his. He would soon leave them in regret and guilt, making them realise, 'if only we noticed, we could have saved you'.

To be continued...