Chapter 6

"Never forget how people made you feel in your darkest days."

No one's pov:

No one's pov:

It's been about three weeks since the fresh genin started their D rank missions. So far, they've completed about 60 missions.

It was really hard for Naruto, actually. Most of the time he tried to pick the fruits, separate the weed, or even delivering items, the clients would either shoo him away or use that opportunity to beat him up.

Everytime he's with the team, the clients would sent glares at him, but wouldn't do anything in the presence of Obito.

It's safe to say Naruto has been hanging on in a thin line of his sanity. His behaviour is starting to change slowly, though no one noticed it cause wasn't that obvious. However one more push might completely break the blonde.

Sasuke had noticed the glares villagers are giving Naruto and slight change in behaviour. He decided to ask him one day.

"Dobe"

"What is it, teme?"

"Why are the villagers giving you the nasty glares?"

Sasuke didn't miss the way Naruto's body stiffened before relaxing as he replied.

"Oh? Is the mighty Uchiha worried about me?" He teased, knowing if he did, Sasuke would drop the topic.

"Tch, you wish!" And...he was right.

Though he felt a sting in his heart that Sasuke didn't insist he wanted to know.

'That's right. He's just curious. No one's worried about you.'

'And even if they know, they would never help a demon like you.'

'But don't worry. You can always kill everyone. Everyone in this village, everyone in this world. Then you can live peacefully here without anyone bothering you.'

The voices started rising slowly in his head. As much as tempting that last option sounds, he shook his head in an attempt to stop the voices. He didn't want Kurama to worry about him more than he does. Whoever is the owner of the voice, decided to take pity on the boy and left him alone for now.

Now the whole team 7 is standing in front of the hokage to receive new mission. Naruto practically begging for a higher rank mission.

"Since we haven't caught the culprit who killed the two shinobis in the forest, it's not safe to go outside the village." Hokage said.

"Aww come on old man, we'll be careful. Right Obito sensei?" Naruto asked.

Obito hesitated as he looked at Sasuke. He shrugged. Seeing her Sasuke-kun agree, Sakura too, nodded her head.

"If these three are confident in their abilities, I don't see why not. Besides, I think it will be a good experience.

(Iruka for once decided to be good and keep his mouth shut. )

Hiruzen sighed. "Alright then. A C-rank escort mission it is then. You can go and get ready for the mission. An Anbu will escort your client to the gates. You can meet him there. You're dismissed."

Team 7 exited the office, Sakura felt the need to open her mouth. She bought her hand back to hit Naruto head as she speaks.

"Baka.. why did you insult the lord hok-"

In a swift movement, Naruto caught her wrist, rather harshly, causing her to wince in pain.

"Naruto!" Both Sasuke and Obito exclaimed as they tried to separate her hand from his powerful grip.

"199" Naruto whispered.

"H-huh?" Sakura asked confused.

"199 times, you hit me, for silly reasons or just for your fun, in these three weeks. One more hit, I'll snap your wrist. Exceed the count 200.." Naruto looked up with a crazed smile, "I'll snap your neck. Say yes, if you understand the gravity of the situation you're in."

"Y-yes!" Sakura said, with tears forming in her eyes.

"Good. It's about time someone taught you how to behave. As long as you act like a real team mate, we're good." Naruto said in a low tone.

No one could even argue with what Naruto said. They all know what he said was true. Naruto left to his apartment while the others stood there looking at the space where Naruto stood.

"Naruto.." Obito mumbled softly.

Sasuke smirked. "Hn. Dobe is right. It's about time you stop acting like you're perfect. Be useful and learn something. Or you'll be killed in your first mission before you even know it." He too left.

"See you at the gates, Sakura." Obito signed and shunshined away.

Sakura walked home with her head hanging low.

Once again, Naruto's teammates complimented his actions, but he wasn't there. So they unknowingly lost the chance to stop his mind from going crazy.

To be continued...