Chapter 11

"When the nice guy loses his patience, the devil shivers."

No one's pov:

No one's pov:

Team 7 is walking back to village from the land of Waves. After defeating Zabuza and his minion, the mission has became relatively easy for an A-rank mission.

After Naruto collapsed, he slept for two days. When he woke up, Obito took them to the forest to teach them tree climbing. When they mastered the excercise, they went to guard Tazuna.

On the same day, Gato appeared with an ocean of thugs which they defeated rather easily. Obito ended up 'accidentally' killing Gato as he tried to escape.

They stayed until the bridge was built. Tazuna, who somehow ended up being a big fan of Naruto, courtesy killing the missing nin, named the bridge, The great Naruto bridge.

Naruto didn't understand why would someone be naming a bridge after him. He didn't get a satisfactory answer, so obviously his mind presented him with most suspicious possibilities.

Wanting to eliminate the threat, Naruto almost tried to kill Tazuna. He would have killed if not for Kurama reprimanding and assuring him that everything is fine.

On their way back to Konoha, Team 7, except Naruto, decided it's time to get started with their self appointed mission to talk to Naruto.

On the other hand, Naruto, who's still paranoid after naming the bridge, noticed how his sensei, Sasuke and Sakura walking beside him instead of going ahead.

Noticing the strange behaviour of his teammates, Naruto decided to keep his guard up. Kurama noticed this but didn't say anything. He is curious to know what changed their minds after ignoring Naruto for his whole year.

"Dobe."

Naruto almost flinched when we heard Sasuke calling for him.

"What is it Sasuke?"

Sasuke frowned. Naruto didn't call him teme. Even when they were back in the land of Waves, Naruto avoided him, Sakura and Obito like a plague.

He stopped talking, not replying unless talked to. Even that he gave short responses, not encouraging to hold a conversation. They just thought it was because he was still tired from overusing his chakra.

But this... this is really bad. Naruto still won't talk unless it's necessary. He avoid his teammates like they are going to hurt him. It's like... Naruto's personality took a 180° turn.

"Do you want to get ramen with us from Ichiraku when we get back?" Sasuke asked, hoping he would agree. This would also give him a chance to talk to him.  Naruto never turns down the offer of free rame-

"I'll pass." Naruto said.

"What?! I thought you like ramen." Sakura exclaimed.

"I don't feel like eating anything." Replied Naruto. 'Why are they being so nice to me all of a sudden? Is it because they saw me lost control back then? Do they think of me as a demon like the rest? Yeah... that must be it. They are trying to lure me my favourite food and kindness. They are planning to kill me by adding poison in the ramen.'