Chapter 20

"You said you didn't believe in the kindness of this world. But you were more kinder than anyone else."

Chapter 20
A talk

No one's pov:

The dust cleared revealing four ninjas. Obito, Sasuke, Sakura and an old lady named Chihyo. (I think that's her name?)

"So you finally decided to show up!" Shisui smirked as he activated his sharingan.

"Let's split up and take them down!" Obito ordered.

"Naruto!" Sasuke and Sakura yelled.

Naruto just stood there with golden chains around him. Obito noticed this and warned the others.

"That's Uzumaki clan's kekkei genkai, chakra chains. He can create the chains from anywhere his body and control it's movements. Mostly like chakra strings. And Shisui possesses mangekyo sharingon and was an elite Anbu. So Sakura and I will face Shisui. Lady Chihyo, stay back in case we need support. Think you can take care of Naruto, Sasuke?" Obito asked.

"Yeah.. I'll handle him." Sasuke replied.

"Sasuke-kun, be careful" Sakura said.

"So this is the Naruto kid you keep talking about?" Lady Chihyo asked.

'Sai isn't here.' Naruto thought.

"I don't think the cave can contain two fights. So whoever is planning on fighting me, follow me first." Naruto monotonously said.

"Naruto what are you-" Before Shisui could complete, Naruto's golden chains destroyed a part of the cave's ceiling.

Naruto jumped up to the opening and ran.

"Naruto, wait!" Sasuke followed him. "You guys focus on your fight. I'll go after him. Sakura, make sure you get Gaara before you fight. He's unconscious."

"He's not unconscious. He's dead!" Shisui said.

Everyone froze for a moment before charging at each other.

Somewhere else, Naruto is jumping from logs to log, followed by Sasuke. Naruto stopped when they reached a vast ground.

He turned around to find Sasuke panting. Naruto tilted his head. "Did you come alone? Isn't it logical to slit the team into two people each instead of one and three?"

"I don't want anyone interfering our fight." Sasuke said getting ready to fight. But Naruto did not move an inch. He withdrew his chakra chains back into his body. Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows.

"Naruto, what are you-"

"I don't want to fight with you Sasuke. Not yet. I thought someone would be with you, but you came alone." Naruto said.

Sasuke didn't budge from his position. 'Naruto didn't seem to care whether he die or live. His eyes lost his light.'

Naruto sighed seeing Sasuke not relaxing. He really didn't want to fight.
Naruto just sat down leaning against a rock closing his eyes. He heard someone approaching him, he opened his eyes and saw Sasuke approaching him.

"Naruto, why aren't you fighting?" Sasuke asked.

"Sasuke"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

Sasuke looked surprised. Out of all things he'd imagined would happen, this is the last one.

"What is it?"

"Do you think... Gaara would hate me... for what I have done...if he were alive..?"

Sasuke wasn't expecting that question. He looked to see Naruto with face down and his hands grabbing his hair.

"I think he would forgive you...if you apologize sincerely." Sasuke said.

"I see." Naruto took his hands away and looked ahead. "I feel.. light now."

Naruto stood up. Sasuke looked alert. "I told you I'm not going to fight."

Sasuke put his hands down. Naruto turned around.

"Sasuke... Do you still consider me as a little brother after what I've done?" Naruto asked.

"Yes Naruto. I will bring you back to the village." Sasuke said smiling.

"No. Don't take me back." Naruto shook his head.

"Why not?" Sasuke asked raising an eyebrow.

Sasuke was surprised by someone hugging him. He looked down and his eyes widened. It was Naruto. He didn't see Naruto moving. Is this because of Naruto's training or did he let his guard down?

He was pulled out of his thoughts by someone sniffling. "I can't tell you why. But please don't take me back." Naruto said hugging him tighter.

"Naruto...calm down" Sasuke whispered as he hugged Naruto back and pat his head.

Naruto stepped back and wiped his eyes. Sasuke saw Naruto's seal glowing.

"Sasuke" Naruto called. His face back to being emotionless.

"I have a request for you." Naruto said.
"If you ever think of fighting me, fight me to kill me, not to defeat me."

Sasuke's eyes widened.

"It's the only way you can stop me. If you ever try to bring me back to that damn village..." Naruto disappeared in a glitch and appeared right infront of Sasuke grabbing his collar. "I will destroy that place and kill everyone in it. I will never show mercy."

Naruto giggled. He looked at Sasuke with crazy grin while Sasuke looked back at him with soft and guilty face.

Naruto stood on his toes and leaned over to Sasuke's ear. "I will kill everyone... except you. After all, you are the only person in the world who's important to me."

Naruto leaned back still wearing the unnerving grin. "So don't go and get killed. If you die, I'll torture your murderers for the rest of their lives. If you care about the people around you, stay alive to kill me, big brother!!"

"Naruto-"

"Shisui should be done by now. I will leave first..." Naruto disappeared in a glitch.

Despite the situation and the threat towards the world, Sasuke couldn't help but chuckle.

"Damn... he's so possessive of me." Sasuke muttered, smiling. "I won't kill you Naruto. I will bring you back no matter what. And I will protect you from whatever is scaring you back in the village."

To be continued...