Chapter 14

"The world always doesn't need a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."

Chapter 14The Escape

Chapter 14
The Escape

No one's pov:

Naruto got ready to leave the hell hole. Kurama being the responsible parent he is, made sure Naruto had packed the essentials. Naruto put on his bag and looked around his apartment for the last time before his eyes landed on a photo frame.

He reached out and grab it. It was a photo with his teammates and sensei, when they first started the mission. He looked at the picture with so much hate. He didn't realise he was using force until the glass and frame shattered.

He crumbled the picture and threw it away. He walked out of the apartment and locked it. He sighed. 'No turning back now. I will come back stronger and when I do, I will crush the leaf village.'

He was walking towards the gate. Kurama suddenly alerted him that someone is behind them. Naruto quickly pulled out a kunai and turned around and saw...

"Sakura." He mumbled, glaring at her with cold eyes.

"Naruto, what are you doing at this hour of night?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same."

"The bag... wait are you going somewhere?" She asked walking towards him.

Naruto didn't reply, instead watched her every step with sharp glare.

"Naruto, where are you trying to go? Our chunnin exams start tomorrow. It's your first step of becoming the hokage. Aren't you excited?" She asked, not wanting to believe what her mind is telling her.....

That.... It is too late to save Naruto.

"I'm not interested in becoming the hokage." Naruto spat. "I'm leaving this pathetic excuse of a village behind."

Sakura flinched at his harsh tone. Her suspicions were correct.

"Naruto, please don't leave." Sakura begged with tears forming in her eyes. Naruto didn't care to respond and turned to walk away.

"Naruto... If you are leaving... take me with you." Naruto froze for a moment before looking over his shoulder. Seeing that she now has his attention, she continued.

"Naruto... I'm sorry for the way I treated you. But please give us a chance. We realise our mistakes. And I want everyone in our team to be happy again. You've been withdrawing yourself lately. And we want to help you. So please give us a chance to rectify our mistakes."

Naruto's eyes turned red from blue. He let out a dark chuckle, getting Sakura's attention.

"Of course, you were lying about the part where you wanted me to take you with me. I almost believed that you actually wanted to come with me... until I heard that pathetic little confession of yours." Naruto said, turning around completely, with his head tilted and a crazed smile on his face.

Sakura's eyes widened. Naruto looked like he about the use the seal of despair. If that happens, only Sasuke can bring him back. Only Sasuke's voice can reach through all those negativity. And Sasuke isn't here at moment....

"If you leave, I'll scream..." Sakura blurts out without thinking and instantly regretted it. Naruto looked amused. She is such an idiot. That would only provoke Naruto more.

If only Sasuke's here...he would've handled it all well. Sakura remembered that even back at the academy and during missions, when Sasuke ask him to do something, he would comply, though after a lot of complaining.

Naruto always looked up to Sasuke. When Sasuke does something cool, his eyes would sparkle, showing off his innocence. Ever since they were little, Naruto idolised Sasuke. Just like how a little brother would be amazed at his big brother's talents. (Like how Sasuke and Itachi were. Not in a romantic way)

Naruto chuckled bringing Sakura out of her thoughts. Naruto vanished into thin air. Sakura's eyes widened as he appeared behind her, holding a kunai at her throat. She froze.

"Although it's good to hear that you guys realised your mistakes. So when I return to crush you all, you all know who is at fault while you beg for my mercy." Naruto grinned.

"Good bye, Sakura." Was all Sakura heard before blacking out.

After knocking out Sakura and leaving her on a bench, Naruto continued his way towards the gate. When he reached, he was met with four people, like Nagato said.

 When he reached, he was met with four people, like Nagato said

(I don't know their names and they are not important for now. Just imagine the Akatsuki outfits instead of Orochimaru outfits.)

One of them spoke. "You must be Uzumaki Naruto." He continued as Naruto nodded.
"We need you to take this pill. It will knock you out so we can carry you at ease."

He gave Naruto a pill. Naruto looked at them skeptically as another one jabbed the guy who spoke with his elbow.

"Don't mind him. This pill sends you to sleep. You've used your powers without training for almost four or five times. It takes a lot out of your body. With this pill, your body will be able to recover the lost energy by slumber. And when you wake up, you will be more powerful than before."

Naruto nodded and took the pill. After a few moments, he felt dizzy and fell forward, but one of the guys caught him.

They took out a box, placed him inside and sealed it. One that carrying Naruto in the box on his back, said. "We should start moving now. He's the jinjuriki, if the village find out him missing, they'll send a rescue team."

The others nodded and quickly jumped from tree to tree, leaving the village gates behind.

...

The dawn arrived and sunlight fell on the beautiful face of a girl who laid on a bench. She opened her eyes and saw two shinobis looking at her.

"What are you doing here early in the morning?" One of them asked.

"I...uh..." The girl mumbled, trying to remember what had happened.

"Hey... you are Haruno Sakura, right?" The other one asked.

Her eyes widened as she recalled what happened last night. With tears forming in her eyes, she blurted out.

"Naruto... He's gone!! He left the village!!"

To be continued...