Chapter 22: A maid you don't want to mess with (II).

Liara who was humming to herself happily while preparing sliced apples, was keeping an eye on Charles Williams. The butler of the crown prince, and- one of the love interests in the game but- of course.

No one but the heroine knows of his fate and route.

"I should get started on the soup." the maid rolls up her sleeve preparing the bowls and plates to serve Miss Blanchet, if she was being honest she was rather excited on serving the girl to asks questions of her relationship with their lady.

Liara has never seen her lady care for someone to this extent before other than her nanny back at the Duchy estate.

"Tch." (Charles) clicked his tongue and focused on stirring his own stock base as well, there were a few vegetables and meat still simmering. It smelled really heavenly.

The smell wafted through the entire servant kitchen- as much as they hated the boy they couldn't deny that he still is levels ahead of them when it comes to cooking, cleaning and fulfilling their master's wishes.

Including being on time.

Which is the most important aspect. What nobles hate the most is being late for an important functionality or event. If they're late it would be a sign of disrespect and would lose face at such a humiliating scene.

Liara not even half an hour later, she was done with her own dish. It was vegetable soup with some fried egg and bacon on the side. Don't forget the sliced apples that she almost took the finger out of someone's hand.

"Fast as always, Liara. Aren't you a bit too excited going back?" one of her co-workers smiled at her complimenting her quick versatile work skills and she smiled back.

"Well it's most likely because the little blonde cockroach at milady's dorm room should be hungry now." (Liara) teased, she knows comparing Miss Blanchet to a bug would be an insult but jokes on them-

"You're going to feed... a bug?" her co-worker's head moves up slightly imagining the figure of a cockroach and grimaced. The hairs on her body stood up just the thought of a little nasty critter running around the dorm.

Liara puts a finger to her lips, tilting her head, she answered. "Well the bug back at the dorm is rather cute... it would be a shame to let her starve."

The maid almost cut her whole finger hearing her say- the cockroach at the dorm was cute and it would be a shame to let her starve?! How does this lady's brain work?! Who thinks cockroaches are cute?!

"Please tell me you're joking." She let go of the knife she was holding, and faced Liara who was almost done with the tray breakfast setting and smiled lovingly.

"Oh... I'm not~" The red-haired girl giggled and held the tray to deliver Miss Blanchet's breakfast.

The other co-workers who heard the conversation just stopped to stare at her back and sighed. Never have they seen a girl who actually liked bugs...