Chapter 24: The Taste of Orange (I).

Chapter 24: The taste of Orange (I).

It was early in the morning and a few students were already packed into the halls of the academy. Many girls of lower noble ranking stared at Lady Evelyn both in awe and envy.

The title of future Queen was clear. Undeniable grace, elegance and coldness she possessed.

Trained from young she was engaged, the crown prince merely saw her as an acquaintance who was ill-tempered and immature for scolding him several times about the responsibilities of their engagement.

"Good morning, Lady Evelyn."

"Good morning."

"Lady Evelyn! Good morning."

"Good morning to you as well."

"L-Lady Evelyn! G-Good morning!"

The noblemen would do the same; mostly they were just looking, never approaching. Rumor has it that she's far too loyal to her mission that no amount of seduction would sway her away to another side. The title of Queen is her sworn duty.

A group of noblemen were talking about her as she passed by just now, all in whispers. "Lady Evelyn is really pretty... too bad she's already engaged to Crown Prince Dereck." one started out.

"Please you're lucky you're not engaged to a woman like her, I heard from the crown prince personally that she's one woman you don't want to be tied down in marriage."

"Ah... I heard about that. She's too controlling right?"

"Too whiny as well, when you look at her though she doesn't seem to be the whiney type."

"She's more of a cold type right?"

They all discussed the girl's personality but they were all wrong.

Lady Evelyn who finally found her classroom and sat down into her seat was having a small problem because she can't seem to keep something out of her mind. Her mind was elsewhere with only one question.

With her hand holding her chin she muttered to herself the question. "She doesn't like bitter medicine... will there be a way to turn the taste of it into a citrus fruit?"

The blonde girl's figure came to mind and remembered some of the things she yelled while she was in her tantrum fever yesterday.

"Your medicine sucks! Too bitter! I don't want it! I want the orange flavored one!" she yells with her crying eyes and pouty lips Analissa would hide herself under the blankets as Liara tried offering her a spoon filled with medicine.

"Pfft..." (Lady Evelyn) smiled to herself thinking what an amusing girl. She hasn't laughed like this in a while and her mind seemed to be at peace. "Orange flavored medicine..."

Orange, a citrus fruit only grown in the rich parts of the elven kingdom. It was a little rare since that kind of fruit is rarely traded inside the kingdom.