30. To kiss

“Teach me how to kiss, Fluke. I want to learn.” Earth said.

“You must be joking, right?” Fluke tried to laugh it off.

Earth crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared at Fluke with a straight face.

From the look on his face, Fluke understood that Earth meant business when he spoke. “You can’t be serious right?” he tensed up.

Earth kept staring.

Fluke awkwardly chuckled. “Earth… you see… I can’t actually teach you how to kiss…”

“And why is that?” Earth was annoyed by Fluke’s rejection.

“Because you are my friend damn it!” Fluke hoped that Earth would understand. It was awfully awkward for him to even think of kissing his best friend.

“Because I am your friend?” Earth got even more irritated. “You didn’t say anything when Sammy kissed you. Is she, not your friend? or are you reluctant to kiss me because I am gay?”

“Earth!” Fluke didn’t like it when Earth accused him of being homophobic. “First of all, I didn’t kiss Sammy. She kissed me. We were in public and pushing her away would embarrass her that is why I didn’t and let the matter rest. Second, your being gay is not going to change the way I see you. You are and always will be my best-”

Earth walked over, cupped Fluke’s face and pressed his lips against Fluke’s before he could finish talking. Fluke’s body stiffened. He didn’t expect Earth to mirror Sammy’s actions.

“Here, we have already kissed once.” Earth let go of Fluke’s face. “It was my first kiss and I gave it to you.”

Fluke was still in a daze. He could still feel the soft lips that pressed against his. He subconsciously licked his lips. He regained his composure and looked at Earth who was turning red at his reaction. The urge to tease him rose within Fluke’s mind.

“You call that a kiss?” Fluke asked with a teasing smile causing Earth’s face to heat up. “Since you are so eager to learn how to kiss, I will teach you how to actually kiss someone on their lips.”

Fluke moved forward and wrapped his one hand around Earth’s neck, pulling his face closer. He tilted his head and their lips touched. He gently nibbled on Earth’s lower lip. His tongue licked those soft lips.

Earth let out a soft moan. Fluke slid his tongue inside Earth’s mouth, exploring the well-aligned teeth and taste of the snack they had a while ago. Earth responded eagerly, though a little sloppily. He didn’t want to give in to Fluke. Their tongues intervened, fighting for dominance.

His hands circle around Fluke’s neck as he kissed sensually. Neither of the friends restrained themselves. Fluke had his hands around Earth’s torso, clenching the soft fabric of the t-shirt he wore.

The lack of oxygen caused the two to break off the kiss. Both were panting heavily. Their faces were red and their bodies were heated up.

“What was that Earth?” Fluke teased Earth who was still gasping for air.

“Why on earth did you use your tongue, Bitch?” Earth covered his lips.

“As if you didn’t like it.” Fluke smiled smugly.

Knock knock

The knocking sound on the door stopped Earth from retorting to Fluke.

“Tell me if you need more tutoring sessions.” Fluke smiled mischievously.

“Get lost.” Earth huffed.

Fluke laughed and opened the door.

“Fluke, I-” Ja froze when his eyes fell on Fluke and Earth. Their clothes were dishevelled, their hair was messy, their faces were flushed and their lips were swollen.

“What were you guys doing in there?” Ja eyed the two friends suspiciously.

“Nothing, Phi. We were just playing around.” Fluke said dismissively. “Why are you here, phi?”

Ja had just returned from his university. As it was not a weekend or a holiday, Fluke wondered why Ja would suddenly come back home and knock on his door.

“Oh, I…” Ja held up a paper bag. “I got you the book you wanted the other day. My classes in the afternoon got cancelled so I thought I would drop it off.”

Fluke took the paper bag and looked inside it excitedly. “Thank you so much, Phi.” He hugged his cousin.

“Don’t you have classes tomorrow morning, phi?” Earth asked walking towards the door.

“No, I only have classes in the afternoon,” Ja answered. “It is already late. You two better go to bed.”

“Khrab, Phi. Good night.”

“Good night.” Ja smiled and ruffled their hair.

Fluke closed the door as soon as Ja left.

“Woah. That was close” Earth patted his chest.

“What were you nervous about? It was just a kiss.” Fluke snickered taking out the books from the paper bag and placing it on the study table.
“I know.”

Knock knock

The duo looked at each other and Fluke answered the door. It was Ja again.

“Take this.” Ja handed Fluke another paper bag and walked away.

“What is it, Phi?” Fluke asked but Ja was already gone. He peeked inside the bag and was left speechless. He quickly closed the door.

“What is inside, Fluke?” Earth took the paper bag and checked its contents.

“Looks like P’ Ja misunderstood.” Fluke scratched the back of his neck.

“What is this thing?” Earth took a bottle out of the bag and frowned. “Lotion?” he kept digging into the paperbag. “And what is this? Fruit candy?”

“That is condoms’ idiot.” Fluke chuckled at Earth’s naivety. “And the bottle is lube.”

Earth dropped everything in his hands and jumped away as if it was some poisonous insect. The contents of the paper bag spilt on the floor.

“Why would he give us that?” Earth’s eyes widened in horror.

“He misunderstood that we were making out.” Fluke squatted down to gather the spilt contents.

“Why would he think like that?” Earth asked nervously.

Fluke looked at him from head to toe. “Why don’t you go look at the mirror and see your current appearance.”

Earth rushed to the full-length mirror in Fluke’s room and saw his reflection. “Shia” he hurriedly fixed himself.

Fluke chuckled and shook his head. he stood up putting all the things into the paper bag.

Earth glared at him. “Why didn’t you tell me to fix myself before opening the door?”

Fluke just shrugged and didn’t bother to reply. He himself had forgotten to do it.

“Why are there so many of those?” Earth pointed at the pile of condoms.

“Maybe he was being generous?” Fluke suggested earning another glare from Earth.

Earth chose to ignore Fluke and got on the bed, preparing to sleep.

“Since we have all the necessary things, do you want me to give you a lesson on how to do ‘it’ with P’ Kao?” Fluke asked raising his eyebrows.

“You Bitch.” Earth threw the plushies and cushions at Fluke who was dodging them effortlessly.

“I was only suggesting. I am sure that you don’t want to feel like an amateur in front of P’ Kao when you do it, right?”

“Fluke, I swear if you don’t shut up, I will kill you.” Earth was blushing fiercely. “I am not giving my virginity to you. I am giving it to P’ Kao.”

Fluke rolled on the floor laughing.