56. Lavender roses

“What the hell are you doing with ‘him’?” Prem asked Fluke pointing at Kao. He was on his way back after dropping his girlfriend home, when he saw Fluke and Kao walking together.

He was really pissed at Kao for giving Earth hope and rejecting him all of a sudden. He found it weird that Fluke was actually talking and laughing with Kao despite the fact that the older had hurt his best friend.

“Fluke, did you forget what he did to Earth?” he glared at Kao and then at Fluke. “Don’t you remember how Earth had been after he rejected him? How can you act all chummy with him now as if he had done nothing wrong?” 

Kao looked pitifully at Fluke for help. He could talk easily with Fluke but in the case of Prem, it was different. Given his hot temper, the chubby-cheeked guy would first throw a punch across his face even before he could utter a word.

Fluke understood what Kao’s look meant. It was a cry for help. He sighed and looked at his friend who was fuming and blowing steam out of his nostrils like a raging bull.

“Prem, come here. I will explain everything.” He snaked his arms around Prem’s shoulder. The latter seemed reluctant to move and kept glaring at Kao. “Come with me, Prem.” He dragged Prem to the corner.

Kao watched Prem being dragged away by Fluke. He genuinely wished that Fluke would be able to convince Prem to side with him.

“What now?” Prem shrugged off Fluke’s grip after walking a distance away from Kao. “Don’t tell me you are going to justify what he did to Earth. He-”

Fluke covered Prem’s mouth with his hands mid-sentence.  “Don’t jump the gun, will you?” he looked back in the direction Kao was standing. The older one was facing away from them giving them privacy. He let go of Prem.

He spoke in a hushed tone. “P’ Kao is here to confess to Earth.” 

“What?” Prem asked in surprise. His voice a few decibels higher than usual.

“Hush” Fluke said smack the back of Prem’s head. “Tone it down, you idiot.”

“What?” Prem asked in a softer tone, sulking as he rubbed his aching head.

“P’ Kao came here to confess to Earth,” Fluke replied.

“But Why? Didn’t he already reject Earth?” Prem asked in confusion.

“He was just confused, Prem,” Fluke explained. “He was confused between considering Earth as a Nong or as a lover. It’s not like you have no idea how whipped those two are for each other. He just had to figure things out like Earth did. And the little period of separation made him realise what Earth actually meant to him.”

Prem pondered over the explanation. He observed Kao who had his back facing them “So, what now? Are we going to help him?”

“Of course, we are.” Fluke rolled his eyes as if he was stating the obvious.

“don’t you think that helping him would make things too easy for him?” Prem questioned.

“What do you mean, Prem?”

“I mean… like… you know…”

“No, I don’t know.” Fluke folded his hands across his chest.

“Shouldn’t we be torturing him for what he did to Earth? Because of him, Earth has become a zombie these days.”

“We will. We surely will. But not now.” Fluke smirked. “Now we will play Cupid and bring the two love birds together. I am sure that we will get a lot of opportunities to deal with him alone later.”

Prem frowned, still feeling unconvinced.

“I know what you are thinking, Prem. But trust me in this, okay? Earth will be easier to handle with P’ Kao around.” Fluke patted Prem’s shoulder.

“Er, whatever you say.” Prem gave in.

“Let’s go then.” Fluke pulled Prem.

“Go where?”

“To school to pick Earth. We are going to surprise him.” Fluke pulled Prem to Kao.

“Shall we?” Kao asked doubtfully. Both the teenagers nodded in affirmation.

The trio got into Kao’s car and headed to their school. Kao sat in the driver’s seat while the two friends sat in the back seat.

“Why did you stop here?” Prem asked when Kao stopped the car on the way to the school.

“I need to get something. You guys wait here. I will be right back.” Kao said unbuckling his seat belt and got out of the car.

“Where do you think he is going?” Prem asked Fluke.

“No idea.” Fluke shrugged looking uninterested as he played on the phone.

A few minutes later, Kao returned with a bouquet of lavender roses.

“You ran off to get those?” Prem pointed at the bouquet that was placed on the passenger seat.

“Don’t tell me you expected me to go and confess to your friend empty-handed.” Kao turned the key and ignited the car engine.

Prem was dumbfounded. He saw Fluke smiling proudly eyeing the bouquet. “Dude, what do those flowers mean?” he poked Fluke.

“Lavender rose? They mean love at first sight.” Fluke was in a good mood. He was too happy that things were falling into the right place.

“We mean…” Prem gasped in realisation. He looked at Kao in the driver’s seat and then at Fluke.

Fluke nodded and winked at Prem. Prem slumped back into the seat feeling like an idiot. He wondered how come he never noticed anything.

The car stopped in front of the school gate. The trio got out of the car.

“Nervous?” Fluke asked the fidgety Kao.

Kao exhaled audibly and nodded. He was nervous as hell. He wasn’t sure if Earth would accept him or not.

Fluke chuckled and looked away. There was nothing more he could do.

“Now that Earth’s issue is settled, you should be helping me.” Prem tugged Fluke’s sleeves as they waited for Earth.

Fluke raised his eyebrows and eyed Prem.

“It’s like this.” Prem moistened his lips before speaking. “Kate’s birthday is coming and I want to prepare a surprise for her.”

“A surprise?”

“Yeah. I am planning on writing a song for her. I want you to help me with it.” Prem pleaded.

“It’s your girlfriend. You should be the one writing the song.” Fluke snickered. His friend was too whipped for this girl whom he personally felt, was a red flag.

“I have already written some lines. I want you to help me tune it into a song and also help me choreograph it.” Prem bit his lips looking at Fluke hopefully.

“You want to choreograph it?” Fluke had a bad feeling about it.

“Yes, I want to choreograph it and perform it for her in front of the whole school. I want everyone to know that she is mine.” Prem felt proud of his own idea.

“I don’t think that is a good idea, Prem.” Fluke tried to discourage Prem who was daydreaming.

“Will you help me or not?” Prem asked feeling irritated.

Fluke licked his inner cheek, thinking for a minute before nodding.

After rain comes the clear sky (Kaoearth)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें