77. First...

Kao sat down quietly next to Fluke. The younger was sitting alone on the balcony, staring at the heavy rain, lost in thoughts while all the others were inside playing games.

He cleared his throat to get the attention of the teenager.

Fluke was startled hearing the sound. He was so lost in his own world that he didn't realise Kao's presence. "P' Kao!" He patted his chest which was rising in fear. "You scared me, Phi!"

Kao chuckled lightly "What were you thinking so hard that you forgot about your surroundings?"

"It's nothing," Fluke replied looking at the floor.

Kao leaned back against the wall. "Things had been so tedious for a while that I haven't gotten the time to sit down and chat with you."

Hearing his words Fluke laughed softly  "'Sit down and chat with me'? About what phi?"

"Hmm... I don't know... maybe about that boy JJ..." Kao turned his head to look at Fluke.

The smile on Fluke's face dimmed a bit, but he tried his best not to make it obvious "What about him, phi?"

Kao continued to stare at Fluke "You used to like that guy...right?"

Fluke let out an airy chuckle "I don't know what you are talking about." He started avoiding Kao's gaze.

"I know that you had a huge crush on that guy, Fluke," Kao said firmly. He had already guessed it that day in the hospital. But Fluke's reaction now had only confirmed his guess.

"Can you not tell anyone else, phi?" Fluke's head hung low. He was really ashamed.

"Hey, Fluke" Kao patted his shoulder "It is not a big deal that you had feelings for that guy. You don't have to feel bad about it."

Fluke bit his lips "You know phi, my Dad had always told me that one should always be wary of the people around them and I had always followed that. Even with you Phi. I made sure that it was safe when you approached Earth. But when it came to 'his' case, I don't know how I made a slip-up."

"Au na! Stop beating yourself up for that! You are only a human, Fluke and humans don't have the ability to look inside someone else's mind." Kao tried to cheer Fluke up.

Fluke didn't realise that tears were already rolling off his eyes. All this while, he had been holding his emotions back.

He had been in love with JJ for almost two years. He never dared to confess as he only saw JJ dating girls. If JJ was a straight guy and he confessed to him, it would be awkward.

Fluke had never told anyone about this crush that had been developing within him, not even to Earth, with whom he never kept any other secrets.

When Fluke found out that JJ had only approached him so that he could get close to Earth, it broke him from inside. It hurt even more when he understood that the latter only had evil intentions towards his best friend.

He felt utterly disgusted at himself for not being able to see through JJ's acts which had even led to endangering his friend's safety. He wished that he knew what kind of person JJ was so that he could have prevented his friend from going through such a painful experience.

Kao sighed internally seeing Fluke cry his eyes out. He was happy that the younger was finally letting all the bottled-up emotions out. "All is well that ends well, Fluke" He slowly rubbed his hand as a form of encouragement.

Fluke nodded and continued crying. He couldn't stop his tears. He was experiencing his first heartbreak and the pain was unbearable. 

In the past few days, he had tried everything to keep himself occupied so that he wouldn't go back to thinking about JJ. But nothing worked. 

Almost every night, he would cry himself to sleep in the lonely bedroom with no one to console.

If it had been anyone else, he could tell his friends but it was JJ and he knew that it was for the best if that name never came into their conversations.

Acting normal while you are heartbroken was no joke. It was very draining, emotionally and physically. He had little to no appetite. He had a hard time falling asleep at night. He couldn't even concentrate on classes.

Things were starting to take a toll on him.

"Thank you, P' Kao for talking to me" He mumbled. He felt a lot better after having talked to Kao.

Kao just smiled and ruffled his hair.

"What are you two doing out here?" Earth walked towards them with ice cream cones that his father had brought for dessert. "Finding mosquitoes?"

He looked at the flock of mosquitoes flying around the two people.

"Can't you guys just apply some mosquito repellent if you are so eager to sit outside the house at this hour?" Earth asked handing an ice cream cone to each of them.

Fluke secretly wiped his tears and looked up. "Okay mama, next time I will keep that in mind."

"You better" Earth made a face at his friend. He didn't mind Fluke calling him 'mama' as he was used to it.

"Then, I will get going. I don't want to be the third wheel in between Mama and Papa." Fluke said with a cheeky smile.

Earth blushed hard when Fluke addressed him as 'Mama' and Kao as 'Papa'. It felt weird but strangely fulfilling.

"I don't mind having a few more Nongs. Mama, Papa, Su su na!" Fluke gave the couple a fist-up and slipped into the house.

"This bitch" Earth could feel his cheeks burning up. To think that Fluke had actually said something like that in front of Kao made him feel embarrassed.

Suddenly he felt Kao hugging him from behind.

"So mama, what do you think?" Kao kissed the top of his earlobes "Should we take his suggestion into consideration?"

Earth's eyes widened when he heard Kao talk. "Not you too, phi!" He whined, turning around to bury his face in Kao's firm chest.

As cheesy as it sounded, he wasn't completely against the idea. But he didn't say it out loud as he didn't want Kao to think that he was a lustful teenager.

Kao chuckled and tightened his hug "I am ready whenever you are ready, mama."

Earth suddenly bit Kao's chest.

"Ouch!" Kao wasn't expecting Earth to bite him. "What was that for?"

"That is what you get if you tease me," Earth answered with a pout.

Kao smiled widely. "Oh Yeah?"

As if sensing danger, Earth looked up. The next second, his lips came in contact with another pair of soft lips and before he knew it, he was sharing a passionate kiss with his boyfriend.

He felt a whole zoo waking up in the depths of his stomach as Kao nibbled on his lips.

As their lips parted, Kao cupped Earth's face which was in the shade of pink. "I love you na, mama."

Earth shyly looked up and said "I love you too, Papa."