60. Hidden cameras

“What do we do now? That area doesn’t have any CCTVs.” Prem said in distress. They had just watched Earth being led to the crime spot by one of their seniors.

The tapping sound echoed in the room as Prem watched Fluke typing in something on the computer. “What are you doing Fluke?”

“Hacking into Achaan Chakree’s system.” Fluke’s doe eyes reflected the neon light.

“Achaan Chakree?” Prem was shocked.

Chakree was one of the art teachers in their school. He was an introverted person who rarely spoke. Yet there were creepy rumours going around that he was a pervert. The mysterious air around him often supported those rumours.

“Why are you hacking into his system?” Prem asked with a frown.

“Because….” Fluke pressed the enter button. A loading window was shown on the screen. He turned to look at Prem. “Those rumours are true. Achaan Chackree is indeed a pervert.”

The bold words ‘ACCESS GRANTED’ were seen on the screen. Fluke slumped against the pocket cushion on the headrest of the gaming chair.

“What do you mean?” Prem could understand what was the relationship between Achaan Chakree being a pervert and their situation.

Fluke unwrapped a lollipop and placed it in his mouth. “You know what is the most perverted thing he likes to do?”

Prem shook his head.

“It’s placing secret cameras,” Fluke smirked.

Prem gulped involuntarily seeing the creepy smirk on Fluke’s face. It was sending chills down his spine.

“If I am not wrong, he would have certainly placed pinhole cameras in that room.” Fluke took out the lollipop from his mouth and stared at it as if he was admiring its beauty.

“What makes you think like that? Why would anyone place a camera there?” Prem scratched his head.

The room as per se was not a place that was often used and students rarely went there. The place was basically isolated.  He didn’t think that Chakree would be stupid to place a pinhole camera at a place like this.

“That room is called Sub Rosa room or mum room for a reason, Prem.” Fluke glanced at Prem who was looking at him with a tilted head like a confused kitten. “Let me explain it.”

Prem nodded eagerly fully concentrating his attention on what Fluke was about to say.

“First of all, the place is remote. Even though it is attached to the C-block, neither teachers nor students go in that direction. Second, the room has heavy curtains, carpets, broken furniture, cardboard boxes, and many other stuff like that. All these things are good acoustic materials, Prem. The room is practically soundproof.”

“How about this Fluke, you tell me why the fuck would Achaan place a camera there directly instead of giving me a whole essay?” Prem was frustrated not being able to make sense of anything that Fluke was trying to say.

Fluke groaned. “The place is isolated and soundproof, Prem. It is the best spot in our school for couples to make out.”

“WHAT?” Prem’s eyes widened in realisation.

“A lot of couples in our school go there to make out, okay. Even I had seen a few making out like horny rabbits.”

Prem was silent. He never knew of it.

“If you ever feel like watching live porn, you can go there during recess.” He heard Fluke speak again. “Just that you might feel a little revolted at times because the ones making out might be someone you know personally.”

Prem shook his head to stop his mind from picturing anything.

Fluke turned his attention back to the screen. He clicked the mouse a few times while typing something. “Looks like my guess was right.” He smirked

Prem leaned in closer to the screen. “Why are there so many of these?” he looked at the numerous icons on the screen indicating the cameras.

“These are all the hidden cameras that he placed in our school, Prem. I am sure that he might have placed two or three cameras in the mum room alone to get a view from different angles.” Fluke chuckled in disgust.

“How are we going to find which one of these is the one from the mum room?” Prem wasn’t feeling really well.

“We will have to check them out one by one. No other way.” Fluke opened the first icon. A video started playing.

“Is that the girl’s locker room?” Prem clenched his jaws feeling extremely angry as he watched the video of his female schoolmates changing that was captured in Chakree’s hidden camera.

“Yes, it is.” Fluke exited the video and entered another.

The duo checked the videos one after another. There was footage from girls’ locker rooms, washrooms and countless ones placed at lower angles to get the view of what was underneath the skirts of the female students passing near the camera.

“This son of a bitch.” Prem cursed. His blood was boiling. He couldn’t believe that their school had such a disgusting person as a teacher.

“Found it,” Fluke announced making Prem look over.

The video started playing. Fluke fast-forwarded it to the time Earth was taken in.

The screen showed a group of seniors including JJ, along with members of Dynamos, the basketball team from the neighbouring school. They watched as Kart walked in with Earth who seemed extremely uncomfortable.

The pinhole camera was advanced and had voice recording. They could hear the conversation and teasing going on in the video.

They watched how Pole had forcefully kissed Earth while others were laughing at their helpless friend. Earth was being pinned to the floor by those seniors, some of whom slid their hands beneath his uniform. There were a few who were trying to undress them.

Fluke’s eyes burned as watched JJ on the screen, smirking and catcalling to his friends as they were molesting Earth. His heart felt like being pierced by a thousand arrows as he saw JJ joining in with his friends to take advantage of Earth, who was having a panic attack and was gasping for air.

“THOSE BASTARDS. I WANT TO KILL THEM” Prem roared in anger. Earth seemed so frail and vulnerable on the screen.

He could see that Earth was in tears begging them to let him go. But those people were like vultures, trying to tear him apart to devour. The mocking laughter of excitement of those people played louder than Earth’s pleas.

Fluke closed the video in the scene where Kao carried Earth away. He had watched enough. Enough to know what had happened to his friend. He was quiet for a while. He wasn’t listening to Prem’s angry rants. His eyes were bloodshot.

“Let’s go visit them,” Fluke said in a low calm tone completely opposite to Prem’s burning rage. The room temperature seemed to have suddenly dropped.

Prem froze as he met Fluke’s calm gaze. His emotions calmed down. “Yes, let’s go meet them.”