7 - The Spark that lit aflame

It's 10:39, and I'm practically vibrating with anticipation. I'm not entirely sure whether it's all from the mystery invitation Odair gave me, or if a little bit of me is dreading training tomorrow. Dreading seeing just how much the other tributes have stayed in shape for the games.

10:42.

I stare at the ceiling from my bed, dark, heavy bed covers nearly swallowing me up as I wait.

Wringing my hands together, my mind drifts to Odair, and the scene we caused earlier today. For a moment there, it looked like Odair actually cared about me, but I know that's a lie. Just a part of his- little mind game, whatever it is this time.

10:50.

I sigh, turning towards the closet door, pajamas shifting. For a brief second, I wonder if I should change, but decide against it. It would only bring suspicion, and the tiniest part of me wants to see what this is dressed in my comfiest clothes, no matter that they're patterned all up in stars.

My hands drift up my arms, tracing the thick, curling scar that winds there, almost like a tattoo.

The knife digs into my skin in the Capital bed, drawing blood as I scream. The dagger is intricately detailed, silver handle swirling in almost the same pattern as my wounds.

"Why are you doing this?" I sob, tears running down my cheeks. "I won the games, I made it out... please... PLEASE!"

"As a reminder," a sickeningly sweet voice croons back. "That you are now the Capital's property. Snow's property. And that you will never be anything but a filthy, whoreing pawn in a game you will never learn to play."

I flinch, the memory drawn out by the scars. They are, even, sickly formed to the shape of a rose, all along my right side, arm, shoulder, front and back. Just a reminder that I will always be a slave. Snow's slave. That was the last time I cried, that day. Since then, a tear hasn't fallen since. I refuse to be that weak again.

10:57.

FINALLY! I jump out of my bed, making a beeline to the closet.

It's huge, of course, laid in with so many clothes that I couldn't wear them all in my life time even if I wanted to. Satin, velvet, silk, anything you can think of. But anyway, I walk to the back wall of the closet, this particular one hanging fabulous, sparkling gowns. I stand there for a second, thinking. If was a secret door, where would I be?

I run my hands along the back wall, stepping forward into the dresses. Nothing... Nothing... Nothing... Finnick Odair you better not have set me up... CLICK!

I grin as the back panel shifts to the side, opening up a hole, which I shove my way into through the gowns.

Wow. The tunnel is dark, and sleek looking, stirps of light shinning every few feet out of the stone looking walls. There is only one way to go; in the direction of an old, rickety looking elevator. Taking a deep breath, I walk down the hall.

---

Apparently, the elevator doors open right into the meeting room, which is already full of people. I scan the simple room, filled with a long table, every chair but one filled. Every Victor except for the ones from 1, 2, 9, 10 and 12 are here, excluding Dlain. Haymitch is standing at the head of the table next to- I do a double take as I sit down in the chair between Johanna and Sara -Plutarch Heavensbee, the head Gamemaker.

What is he doing here? I stare at him, trying to figure out his motives when Haymitch claps his hands, getting everyone's attention.