Chapter 1

Gradually regaining consciousness, Michelle felt a buzzing pain in her brain, as if it was about to split open.

Yesterday, she caught a cold and to make matters worse, her boss was pushing her for drafts, demanding they be turned in before midnight. She had no choice but to down two cups of Americano, not daring to take any cold medicine, and began to work on the draft.

After finally finishing, Michelle quickly swallowed a few cold tablets and collapsed into bed without even taking a bath.

When she woke up, her head was aching severely, and she thought she might have a fever.

As she was thinking, she felt a soft little thing snuggling in her arms, also nuzzling against her neck.

The little thing murmured unclearly, its voice sounding somewhat weak: "Mommy, Lizzy is uncomfortable."

Michelle: ????

The word "Mommy" fully awakened Michelle, and she was completely shocked.

When did she have a child that could already talk?

A person who has been solo for twenty years, unexpectedly becoming a mom one day?

Moreover, she was somewhat exhausted by the call of "Mommy"...

Ignoring her own headache, Michelle hurriedly lowered her head to look at the little thing in her arms.

The child in her arms had her eyes closed, her delicate eyebrows furrowed, and her little face was somewhat pale, obviously very unwell.

Michelle reached out and touched the child's forehead; it was somewhat hot, and suddenly she became worried.

Although she was somewhat stunned by the scene in front of her, she knew that a child running a fever was no small matter - she had heard that many children, after running a fever, ended up brain-damaged, becoming mentally disabled...

Moreover, catching a cold and running a fever could potentially lead to sudden death.

She didn't know this child, but as a human being with normal conscience, she couldn't let the child continue to be sick.

Michelle gently pushed the child away, intending to get up and trying to understand the current situation.

The child, sensing Michelle's intentions, clung to her even tighter.

The child was talking nonsense: "Mommy, don't leave Lizzy... Lizzy is uncomfortable..."

Michelle: "...."

Once again, she was shocked by the term "Mommy."

But Michelle had to get up first to figure out what was going on, and then take the little thing to the hospital.

She couldn't continue sleeping deeply with the child.

So Michelle coaxed the child stiffly: "Lizzy be good, I will bring you a cup of hot water, and after drinking some hot water, your pain will go away."

The child in her arms tried hard to open her eyes, tilted her little head back, and looked at Michelle with round, big eyes.

She blinked, looking pitifully at Michelle, saying: "Mommy will come back, you can't leave Lizzy behind."

Seeing the child's face clearly, Michelle was startled.

Just now, the child's face was buried in her chest, so she didn't realize the child looked so much like her.

Now, looking at the child's facial features and face shape...

They were almost identical to how she looked when she was young.