Chapter 76

In the end, Mr. Ye gave her a new password – it was her birthday.

Michelle Xia smiled as she accepted his bank card, not offering further comment.

She didn't like accepting handouts, and besides, she was doing well financially now. To her, Alex Ye's bank card held no real significance; she didn't need his money.

But if he was brave enough to offer, what reason did she have to refuse?

Years ago, when Alex Ye worried she might be strapped for cash, he'd extended her the offer of a bank card. Back then, their relationship could best be described as "strangers," so she naturally declined. Eleanor Ye had made a similar gesture, but Michelle had also refused.

Michelle wasn't surprised that Alex knew her birthday. After all, if he could know Lizzy's birthday, why wouldn't he know hers?

She turned to him, her smile soft and gentle. With no hint of guilt, she inquired, "Mr. Ye, when is your birthday?"

Lifting his gaze to hers, Alex replied, "May 28th."

Michelle nodded, a playful grin lighting her face. "While I don't have a bank card whose password I can change to your birthday, I can change my computer's startup password to it."

Alex chuckled. "Well, thank you then?"

She waved him off, "No need to thank me. It's just a matter of returning the favor."

Today, Alex had learned a new perspective on 'returning favors'. Truly typical of her.

Elsewhere, Lizzy and Sophie were engrossed in their playroom. Michelle, a bit worried about the two unattended kids, decided to check on them.

But once she stepped into the playroom, there was no easy exit. The two children insisted she join in their game of 'house'.

Lizzy declared, "Sophie is the big sister, Lizzy is the little sister, and Mommy is Mommy!"

Sophie agreed, "Yes! I'm the big sister, Lizzy is the little sister, and Auntie is Mommy. Let's play house together!"

Michelle, a bit taken aback, wondered: What kind of role-playing is this?

Reluctantly, she played 'house' with the children for a while, but soon found an excuse to slip away. Her next mission: to persuade Alex to take her place.

Alex was in his study. Despite the festive season, his workaholic tendencies persisted.

He turned on his study's computer and, after a moment of contemplation, changed the startup password to Michelle's birthday. Only then did he settle down to sort through his work emails.

However, he didn't get very far before Michelle managed to convince him to join the children's game of 'house'.

Lizzy cheerfully set the scene again, "Sophie is the big sister, Lizzy is the little sister, and Daddy is Mommy!"

Sophie, puzzled, reiterated, "Yes! I'm the big sister, Lizzy is the little sister, and... wait, why is Uncle the Mommy?!"

Alex, equally perplexed, wondered why he had been designated the 'male mommy'.

It was late in the evening when Nathan Ye finally arrived to pick up his daughter, Sophie.

Sophie was particularly attached to her adorable "sister" Lizzy and proposed an idea. "Lizzy! How about you come over to my place tonight? I have two 'Forest Kings,' and I can give one to you!"

Lizzy's eyes lit up at the mention of the "Forest King," but then she remembered she had one too. She said with a hint of pride, "Lizzy has a Forest King too!" On her birthday, her mom had given her a blind box from which she'd finally unwrapped the much-desired Forest King.