THE ESILE OF FLOWER ( Chapter 1)

•The sky wasn't clear like the other days in a lonely cottage in the outskirts of Scotland that day. Rain was pouring heavily in the fresh meadows full of normal people in this normal neighborhood. Neighbors of that lonely cottage often gossiped about the Flamel couple living in it. There were disturbing sounds of sudden explosions and evil laughter from that strange cottage. Among that weird things going in that cottage, curiosity rose in the surrounding people. The Flamels were as strange as the ivy growing over the Mehegony door of their house and the dirty stable which they never cared to clean. Strange plants grew near the stable which bore black flowers. But no one dared to ask them about it or any of their personal information. They just knew it best to avoid them as much as they can to ensure the safety of their children. The lifeless backyard and the jungle front yard provided just enough information about their personalities. They were careless and untidy. Mr.Flamel never weeded out his strange garden of black flowers which was really strange seeing the growth of those fowl smelling flowers peering over their fences. But Everyone wondered where did the couple go at night. One night one of the curious neighbors set up a guard to spy on them. But no one had even seen them come out and the house was empty all of a sudden. Mr.Flamel and Mrs.Flamel never talked to any of them which made them more mysterious and a subject for the neighbors to gossip for . Mr.Flamel had a crooked nose and an enormous tennis ball sized spectacles whether Mrs.Flamel was pretty short and had a lots of nest-like hair flowing from to sides of her head. That was the rainy day When the neighbors were asleep minding their own business alas and some battling with the leakages caused from the rain on their roof top, Mr. and Mrs.Flamel were battling with the harsh wind outside. Some of the curious folks tried to peer at them through the comfort of their houses. No one would dare to even open the window let alone standing on the foot of their houses. But as it said, ' curiosity killed the cat' the neighbors too were forced back to mind their own business by an abnormal •Burning in their eyes. Scared if the next step could take their eyes out, they quickly closed their curtains leaving the Flamels standing fixed in their position like the old oak tree in the neighborhood which was never affected in any tornado let alone the minor cats and dogs or heavy storms. The mysterious Flamels seem to be waiting for something. Something that the whole Scotland could never be able to guess even in their nightmares. Their raincoats were not suitable for a heavy rain like this. But the most closest neighbor wasn't convinced to keep his nose out of the weird Flamels business despite the strange force. If so it made him more curious to keep an eye towards his window viewing the Flamels doorstep. The whole neighborhood went out of electricity to force the lonely curious man to get out of his window for a source of light in his living room. As the neighbors were all forced into their houses. Mrs.Flamel seemed to relax from her stiffness. But •Mr.Flamel looked bloody stern and Mrs. Flamel was nervous judging by the way she was biting her nails occasionally. "Do you think we will be able to do it , honey?" asked Mrs. Flamel peering at her husband's stern face.•"Of course we'll do, honey. Look at this", snapped Mr. Flamel, a pair of black colored flowers in his hand. This black flower hasn't failed to kill a single mortal. I harvested it myself". Mr.Flamel stopped talking as there was a rumbling sound coming through the bushes. Mrs.Flamel stopped biting her nails. Mr. Flamel's stern face faded away as a hooded figure leaned towards him, holding a patch of white blustered blanket. "He wasn't able to kill the king", said the hooded figure. It was a woman's voice. "But be assured, the king is worse than dead. He's already half dead in the forest." "What about the queen? "asked Mrs. Flamel, her eyes lying on the patch of white blooded blanket. "Exiled into the river", said the hooded figure carelessly. "And please do something about this child. Moldro is already severely injured," The hooded figure, handed the patch of blanket to Mr. Flamel. "Darling, be careful", reminded Mrs. Flamel, patting Mr. Flamel on his shoulder, which was the only she could only reach up to as he pierced a petal out of the pair of black flowers, then nudging something strange into his breath. "Honey, watch out! This looks no ordinary spell "smirked Mrs.Flamel nervously. Her voice was slightly shaking. " If I mention clearly it isn't a spell at all."• Mr. Flamel screamed much higher than that, as his right hand totally burned off with the petals of a black flower. Some of the neighbors came out of their homes as the rain stopped suddenly. "What's the matter, Mr. Flamel?" said a curious man. "And who's this child?" A little girl as skinny as a stick was sleeping soundly in that blood stained blanket .A gentle drop of blood rolled over her cheeks as the rain stopped and the hooded figure disappeared.•"Er.... Actually we adopted her." saying that Mrs. Flamel walked inside carelessly taking that patch of blanket covering the baby girl along with her. The door closed behind them leaving an air of mystery in the surrounding. "Look at the stain." Said a man." I reckon that couple has gone mad."I think that child will be deprived of all needs. I bet that wont be a healthy child at all."•"Oh bless the child. It is better to dump her at the step of an orphanage rather than them."