Chapter 16

Jessica was glad to escape the confined glass doors of the Glass door to only be greeted by the almost empty streets of a city. The shops were closing out relatively early in the day. The magically drafted signboards were vanishing. It looked like international market. Each shop's signboard was drafted with the same word in at least 100 times in different languages. " Welcome to the center square of the western valley." said Triffiny. Jessica was glad that she didn't call her walker. The shopkeeper's were hastily closing their shatters. She didn't know why there was so much fear reflected in their eyes. She spotted a man shivering in fear in the other side of the road. As Jessica was about to follow Triffiny blindly to wherever they took her, trained footsteps caught her ear. She looked around to find a dozen of guards dressed in black approaching the shivering man in the other side of the road. They all gathered around him in seconds.

" I am afraid we have to endure the scene on your first step." said Triffiny." Those guns contain the most hunted flower in this realm. The Black Flower. A touch of it can kill a person in a minute."

Jessica watched the black guards. Their guns were studded with diamonds and other pearls and stoned she would never be able to name.

" What time is it?" shrieked the most strongest guard among the dozen.

The shivering man's eyes reddened with tears as he knelt down in front of his feet.

" It is 5:3, s-sir." said the man. 

"What were you  thinking when the ruler announced that no shops will be open after 5:00 considering the tread and welfare for all Florians.?" said the Guards pointing his gun.

" My shatter wasn't working with that spell sir, IT GOT A PROBLEM." screamed the man." PLEASE, I HAVE 2 LITTLE TWINS AT HOME. What will happen to my wife?  Empty my vault but please spare me!"

3  guns rose towards the man as the pleading floated in the cool spring air. Jessica's uptight and the pleading scream to spare him were blocked by Triffiny and the Gun shot. 

EVERYTHING WAS FINISHED. NOTHING WAS LEFT OF THE ONCE PLEADING MAN.