Chapter 24

The crowd became dead silent at the sound of a crack of a portal. Each of their faces hung low as a huge muscular man with a long sword dripping with blood descended to the central  of the square where  Albemerle Stand stood tranquilly as usual. Tightened by the strange moving vine which Triffiny later stated as the Serpens Hedera. 

" What do we have here, today?" said the man who was evidently Moldro judging by the quietness of the crowd. Then he took the sword closer towards Stand's jawline who simply glared at him as if he was just a spider in his vision beyond.

" This is the Traitor, Your highness." said one of the black guards. " The Traitor who spread ill name of yours secretly."

" The Secret Agent, isn't it?" said Moldro as if the man beside him was already dead. " I know it all. After all, I have my own agent to tend to."

He circled dramatically around  Stand who just stared at him motionlessly. His pupils were circling just the way he went. His face was relaxed but Jessica could feel the disgust in his vision.

The determination in it and that recklessness unlike anyone of the crowd present here. After all it was a public execution. But what if public themselves protested with all they have.

But why will they. They were already too preoccupied with their own tactics to survive and too glad to escape the next execution day.

" Do You know what this sword can do, Mister...Um?" 

" Stand. No one can stand your sword, your highness." said Stand calmly as if he was just talking to a mad student about behaving well.

" So will you die! Ain't I right, Stand?" said Moldro His sword already on the way to his throat.

" No one can stand a sword , your highness. So your Sword holds no difference." 

Moldro's face reddened in anger. By the look on his face anyone can tell that he was going to slay the man at any moment. But the man named Stand didn't care about that. He really didn't care about the revolution he was meaning to do.

Jessica wouldn't let that revolution die. The man named Stand had given her hope. 

" WHAT CAN A BASTARD LIKE YOU POSSIBLY HOLD A SHIT TO ME, YOU BLOODY FOOL!"

Moldro's sword soared towards Stand who just lied there in his usual tranquility. His red hair glinting in the afternoon sun but his eyes firm on his intruder. It was as if watching death slowly march upon a soul. 

"STOP!"

But  a hand had blocked the metal from reaching it. A pale hand as skinny as the branch of an ivy.  Jessica's blue eyes were placed directly on Moldro's handsome face and darted towards the sword she was holding.

" Just get away from it, girl. I don't wanna kill the damsel trying to save the distressed."said  Moldro annoyingly.

" But I am afraid, You are the bastard here trying to put distress on this realm. You are the real bastard in distress."