Chapter Eleven - Roo, Hun -

Eleven:

Javier’s hair was erratic as the wind teased it, and I felt the edge of my lip lifting in amusement as I watched him hiss and vigorously adjust his hair. I raised my hand and waved at him, but he hadn’t noticed me, so I quickened my step and when I neared him, his eyes caught on my presence and suddenly he was standing like a statue.

“Hey” he mumbled with his arms stuck to the sides of his body, I smiled and said,     ” hey, sorry for being late. Something prevented me from reaching you on time.”

I knew I was asking for it with the way my voice turned angry and evil with the last part of the sentence but seriously, Abraham pissed me off and because he did, I couldn’t get him out of my mind even though I wished I could. It was some twisted mind control game that I couldn’t fathom.

“Care to vent?” he asked and then pointed at the benches, I walked over to the one with his jacket on it and sat down, he came and sat down next to me.

“no, not really” I honestly replied before raising my eyebrows and cooing,” but you wanted to vent, didn’t you?”

A silent moment passed with him looking at the ground before he smiled cheekily and said,” I’ve been looking forward to this for weeks.”

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic act and then urged him to speak, he seemed uncomfortable, a little embarrassed maybe, and yet I didn’t push him to speak faster or even start talking. I sat there, letting my mind roam on its own around Abraham’s weird attitude and I felt a little guilty to be preoccupied with the idea of the guy who doesn’t seem to put anyone first, while I had an amazing person sitting right in front of me.

“Roya, you know I’m in a gang” he started, and I nodded after blinking. He gulped and said,” I’m usually really bad, I mean I never killed anyone because they messed up but people fear me. I don’t know why I’m starting to act like such a wuss”

I raised my eyebrow and waited for him to complete,” a couple of weeks ago, my gang collected enough information about our biggest rival gang led by a guy named Abraham Storm.”

With the mention of his name, I straightened my back and watched Javier talking,” we knew he was having trouble with his private life that no one knows anything about and that he’ll be normally turning to beer or drugs, it’s just who he is.”

I bit my lip and lowered my head still listening attentively,” this is the moment Abraham Storm could be used or defeated—“ Javier lifted his head to look at me and then his eyes moved from side to side,” I don’t know why I did this, it was completely un like me but—“

I sighed and held onto his hand,” Javier, just spill it without thinking about it”

He nodded slowly before saying,” Roya, I need you to spy on Abraham and his people.”

Let’s rewind my thoughts for a bit, eh?

I was thinking about how surprising Javier was, how unexpected it was for him to be such a softie and then I held onto his hands for support till I heard the words he spoke. That was when my mouth dropped open and my forehead started producing sweat like a pig.

The first thing occurring to me was ‘did he know I was connected with Abraham in a way?’ or ‘did he remember seeing me that day as I pushed Abraham out of the way?’

Both questions were the ones I feared and that was why I let go of his hand and stood up feeling extremely angry and helpless.

“Why are you a-asking me s-something like th-that?” I stuttered as I passed my fingers through my hair.