Chapter Sixteen - His intentions-

Sixteen:

I was oblivious of what scared me most. Whether it was the fear of losing Abraham or realizing that I didn’t give a shit about Javier, I was overwhelmed and that’s to say the least. Javier jumped off the chair attracting all attention that was previously on me and Abraham and he grabbed his girlfriend’s wrist that she winced and he pulled her after him as they walked out of the shop towards me and Abraham.

I didn’t look at Abraham all that time to see how he was reacting to this but when I turned my head and looked at him, he was thoughtfully frowning in confusion and I was worried, this expression worried me.

“Abraham please don’t—“I was going to say ‘hurt him’, but I said that just because I didn’t want him to get in trouble himself. He interrupted my sentence though by softly wrapping his arm around my waist and turning me around so that my back faced Javier’s fuming face and Abraham stood before me glaring behind me and I knew deep inside that this threat glare was cast at Javier.

“He doesn’t know you know me?” Abraham croaked slightly and I knew my face looked like a lost baby with glittering eyes because of the unshed tears but I nodded anyway and bit my lip.

His eyebrows rose in pure surprise and another tint of pride,” You hid it from him? Were you ashamed of knowing me?”

I shook my head and then stopped, what was I going to say? I don’t remember having developed feelings towards Abraham because everything went by so fast. He also surprised me all the time by acting hot and cold.

I lifted my hand to cover my eyes in frustration, he was testing me and I knew it. However what I was going to say would either make or break this and I couldn’t think under pressure. That’s why I spoke without thinking by closing my eyes, clenching my hands and just speaking without thinking about consequences.

“You mattered to me most and I didn’t want to stab you in the back.” I stated softly so they wouldn’t hear and then my heart kept hammering inside my chest with the elongating silence.

When I blinked open my eyes, he was still standing perplexed before me looking like he was a little puppy who was chasing after his tail. Even though he looked adorable, I didn’t know what he thought of my words yet and this worried me even more.

As his eyes slid away from my face in a sudden move to stare frightened behind me, I knew right then and there that something very bad would happen because I just knew that Abraham Storm wasn’t the one who would be scared.

His hands grabbed my shoulders and I suddenly was carried over his shoulders and when I finally registered what was happening I was already locked inside his car.

“No no no” I whispered under my breath as I watched Abraham walk slowly towards Javier as if he was chasing his prey. When his hands clenched my heart dropped and I crazily pounded against the car’s windows screaming,

“No no no no!” he didn’t turn his head to look at me once, and then my heart seized beating when my eyes looked at Javier and then I realized why Abraham was frightened. Javier was holding a gun under his jacket and he was exposing it secretly while keeping eye contact with Abraham.

“Oh god” I breathed before I suddenly felt my body turn hot with a wave of heat and then my fingers clenched with the sudden coldness that attacked me.

I was going through this and Abraham was there, thinking about doing something I wasn’t willing to even know. My mind was crazy, thoughts swirled without any care and I felt my breathing deepen and fasten.

With so much trouble and brain pain, I closed my eyes and held on the sides of the car seats focusing on one thing; Abraham needs me conscious.