Chapter forty - And everything was fine : the final chapter.

I am crying,

Enough said.

Vote, comment and just enjoy; prove you followed this novel and show your love.

Thank you all for reading; I hope you check out my next novels.

Chapter Forty:

It was only normal for me to expect police cars and investigators all around the place, but Sam who proved himself on so many levels worthy, didn’t leave us waiting for them.

He had cleaned up the place with super speed, wiping away any blood of mine and of Javier’s and Blake’s which gave me the squeamish sense of them being tortured as well.

He didn’t settle with that, he poured a certain cleanser all over the ground and left it to sterilize the place.

All the while, Roya and I and the rest were waiting for him in the car. My injuries were starting to return back to painful after all the surges of adrenaline evaporated. The memories of my utter desperation earlier when I welcomed death with open arms shamed me in a way. If it wasn’t for Roya, I would have been dead, and I don’t know whether I should thank her, or blame her for adding years to my life.

Somehow though, watching her holding a gun at my brother, fearless, relentless, and persistent that she’d kill him if it means my living—it made me love her.

It made me love her in a way I didn’t know was possible, maybe it was a blur of a moment but it is still there. My heart feeling enlarged with all the love I want to shower her in.

However, the present wasn’t what I could call happy.

Beside me were Dean and Andrew who were wiping away Blake’s blood from his wounds as he lay in the backseat and at the opposite side stood Natalie weeping in Roya’s embrace. When I looked at Roya’s eyes, they were glistening with unshed tears; she was trying not to cry, she controlled the tears not to fall, she wanted to be strong for her best friend.

I fell in love with her even more in that moment.

Smiling slightly at the necklace around her neck and then grinning widely at the ring around her finger, I realized how lucky I was. Not everyone had a girlfriend who was willing to defy all her life’s morals for the sake of protecting him. She always scolded me because I killed and when it came to either her killing Franc or watching me die; she preferred the one choice that would have drowned her in guilt forever.

I was thankful.

In less than a moment, Sam ran out of the place and got in the car starting it. All of us sat in silence, no one dared speak and deep inside us, we were mourning the loss of our friends.

With that memory, my heart ached. They say men can’t feel that much pain when it comes to their friends because they can block it away but it was proved wrong. I sat like a statue, partially because I couldn’t move from the paralyzing pain and partially because I couldn’t stand the idea of not having Javier and Leo beside me.

Yes, Leo died as well. He shouldn’t have gone with me, that’s for sure. His body lying lifeless on the ground was one of the most horrifying scenes of my life. I knew him, he was my brother, he was my best friend; just like Javier. Ironically, my real brother was the one who led to their death. I avenged though.

I avenged Javier’s death,

I avenged Leo’s death,

I avenged Roya’s abduction,

And I’ve avenged every pain Natalie will ever feel.

I did what I had to do and it soothed my conscience.