Chapter Fourteen - shower of concerned questions-

Fourteen:

As soon as the last period ended, I ran to Abraham’s car and smiled when I watched him look at me and jump happily off the hood of the car. He stepped inside the car, and I did the same, and he started the car and drove away.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I fumbled with the strap of my bag, he was drumming on the steering wheel but then pursed his lips at my words and turned his head to steal a quick glance at me.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked and looked before him. I bit my lip thinking of a place to go to till he said,” I’ve got an idea”

I jumped slightly on the seat and clapped my hands once feeling extremely excited.

The ride was silent but at a point he told me to turn on the radio if I desired, I refused because it felt good being in the car with him sitting in silence.

“Abraham, you’ve once tried to pick me up” I nonchalantly confessed while watching the streets, I could imagine him frowning;” When?”

I turned my head to stare at him and faked an angry face,” I don’t know when, it was weeks ago before I saved you, you wanted to pick me and Natalie up and you looked drugged”

He clicked his tongue,” I don’t do drugs”, my eyes widened, and I straightened my back,  ”what!”

He flinched at my sizzling scream but then nodded,” I don’t”

I stared at him for a while, not knowing whether he was joking or playing me but he looked true. My hands moved on their own accord as I waved them in different directions stuttering,” b-b-but yo-you’re a ga-ganster!”

He laughed, and I leant forward to catch his smile,” I swear I don’t. Geesh Roya, you think so little of me?” I knew he was teasing, but I felt annoyed nonetheless,

“I didn’t know you were against it so much you’d call anyone who’s using it little”

He frowned and the car had stopped because of the red light,” I didn’t mean it that way”

“Okay fine” I said suddenly realizing my anger dissipated into oblivion and that’s when fear struck my heart. My lips dried as well as my tongue and as Abraham was about to resume driving, I grabbed his hand that was on his lap waiting to drive again. He looked at me in surprise but his eyes narrowed slightly,” what the hell is—“he started but I tugged on his hand and then whispered,” Take me home”

His narrowed eyes watched me for a long minute as I sensed my body losing temperature and my feet shivering. “Damn, you’re- you’re-“he mumbled as he used his other hand to envelope my hand in his and he started rubbing it. My palm he was rubbing was the only part of my body that was warm but the rest of my body was painfully cold. I felt if I opened my lips again, they’ll cut open and my tongue seemed to have been swallowed by myself.

“Roya, what should I do?” he pleaded and even though he looked shockingly caring, I wasn’t in a situation that allowed me to think about it. I shook my head,” Take me home,” I whispered again and it happened, my breathing accelerated as my hands started shaking out of control and as a result my eyes started watering and tears fell over my face. I knew I was biting on my lip so hard it might have been bleeding, but I couldn’t stop. Abraham’s figure was starting to look cloudy because of the concealing tears in my eyes however at a point I felt him get closer and unbuckle my seat belt before wrapping his arms around me and setting me on his lap. His hands guided my head to a comfortable position, and I could feel my legs being covered with something then his hands kept rubbing my arms.