Chapter Twenty two - Leo was funny-

Twenty two,

My wrists were screaming at me to stop typing, but I didn’t plan on it anytime soon. My eyes were twinkling as I poured all what I’ve always wished to send through, out.

I have stalled far too much to stop now, my thoughts were a little jumbled together but I succeeded in putting them into readable understandable words.

I was writing my campaign’s first’s discussion. I was extremely excited that I’ve bypassed all the challenges that sternly attempted to tackle me away from my real goal, at a certain point I was adamant to prove myself and help whoever needed my help and even though I wished to start with Abraham letting go of his belief that drugs are never really ‘fun’ –even though he doesn’t use them- I’ve decided that I should just let him believe it himself. After all I never seeked to change someone I cared for, however I seemed to let them change me.

Time passed by as the numbers changed at the bottom right of my computer screen, my eyes started hurting because of how I stared at the screen and my mind was running out of thoughts.

At that moment, my cell rang and I reached for it and answered in a strained whisper since I haven’t spoken for so long,” Hello”

“Roya?” Abraham’s question made her sigh

“I’m great, running out of ideas for the discussion though” I whined feeling partially proud of how far I’ve gone and yet a little disappointed with my lazy brain cells.

“It’s okay, you can do it but hey, I was actually calling to see if you’re willing to hang out later today?” he required and then chuckled at something spoken in the background. My lips lifted and I bit on my lip,” sure, why not?”

“You’re going to meet Leo, too” he added in haste, my eyes widened and I straightened up and squealed,” finally!”

He chuckled then cleared his throat,” I’ll pick you up if you like?” he suggested but I shook my head,” you know how my dad is, he can’t find out we hang out”

I could imagine Abraham nodding in relief since he became very… sensitive when it came to my father. He always said he didn’t meet no parents but the only time he actually meets a parent, even though it was fake, he messed it up big time and unluckily he ended up the real boyfriend.

I call it luck, he calls it life trying to bite him in the ass; he’s pessimistic though so I won’t dwell on it.

“Wear something sexy” he mumbled at then hung up, my mouth dropped before I narrowed my eyes in spite. He’d been dropping words like that just before he hangs up for a while now and I always failed to do it before it. The flirting was fun though, and that might be the reason why I like it and don’t mention it in front of his face.

Just as I put the cell back on the desk, it rang again making me grumble

“What” I spoke in my least excited tone and to my luck it turned out to be Blake

“take a chill pill poo since I have some pretty darn exciting news to tell you” he chimed in bubbly and I involuntarily closed my eyes in frustration, when Blake is happy, he keeps on spouting on and on and on making me regret ever picking up the phone, I would normally join his happiness but this day was too busy as it was, I couldn’t get hyper at this point.

“I saw Natalie’s boyfriend today” he sang and as weird as it sounds, goose bumps spread all over my body with what he had to say.

“Tell me everything!” I stated feeling my heart already pumping in a triple rate.