Chapter twenty six - no victims in this situation-

Chapter twenty six:

At seven fifteen I was sitting like a sleeping zombie on the bleachers watching the girls perform their routine. It was plain and boring and I was thinking of a way to drop it to them. When they finished it off with Bianca twirling in the air then settling in their arms, a slight smile covered my face; that was the best move they’ve done yet.

I stood up and rubbed my hands while nodding slowly,” I—“

They watched me as if I was a god and it reminded me of how things were before, even though it was exhilarating, it freaked me out,”-- am not pleased” I admitted.

The look of disappointment on Bianca, Georgia and all the other girls’ faces made me ache in sympathy.

“That last move though,--“I thumbed them up and whispered,” Damn”

The girls giggled and high fived each other while I walked past them feeling like we were in the military.

“What it lacks is energy, the sizzling type. I will help with that, but before that I’ll need to see every girl’s full potential. I’ll give you fifteen minutes to make up a solo routine to show me. From that, I can judge each of you and so imagine who and how each of you will move the way I want in the routine that will hopefully make us winners”

The girls grinned and nodded before scattering away, Bianca moved towards me though and said,” I don’t know how I will ever thank you”

I shrugged and smiled softly,” it’s different, I missed these days”

Bianca nodded understandingly,” how have you been ever since what happened?”

I frowned and then chuckled; it was her first time to ask me ever since I was actually away.

“I’ve been horrible at days and the other were great but overall I am thankful for everything I’ve been through”

Bianca smiled and nodded before pointing behind her,” I’ll go follow your orders now, thanks again Roya. I really can’t repay you”

I waved her off nicely before glaring and joking hissing,” move your ass over there missy or you’re dismissed!”

She giggled and ran to a random spot to practice.

I took a deep clean breath and stretched secretly eying the girls as each of them worked hard in fifteen minutes to show me what they got.

I returned back to the bleachers and settled my elbows on each side of me and stared at my shorts. Things were like the old days but nothing was the same, and I didn’t know whether it was something to feel nostalgic about or feel unhappy about but both ways I was positive that what had happened had shaped who I am today. And who I am wasn’t that bad, really.

~

My lip lifted as my eyes gazed in the direction of Abraham sitting on his car’s hood in front of school.  He took off his shades and smiled a lazy smile that made my heart melt, before I could control myself my legs started sprinting and I ran towards him ignoring Sam, Blake, Natalie and Hare chatting behind me.

Abraham chuckled and slid down the hood of the car before taking two slow steps towards me, but I was faster as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his lips down on mine, the usual butterflies started flying around my stomach making me giggly and I tightened my hold around him.

“I missed you” I whispered as soon as I pulled back, he smiled again looking into my eyes and I couldn’t stop pulling him in again.

“Gross!” Natalie yelled in fake disgust, I smiled and was forced to pull away from him because my father might catch me. I looked sideways making sure he wasn’t standing and then held onto Abraham’s hand tugging it along,” come with me” I begged, he nodded and ruffled his bed hair with his free hand making it look sexier than before.