Only fools fall for you

I am tired of this place, I hope people change

I need time to replace what I gave away

And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small

/Fools - Troye Sivan/

3 minutes after smashing everything I could lay my hands on I looked at my trembling hands, seeing my mothers ring. I could feel the tears appearing as I took the ring off.

"Fuck you!" I yelled again and again as I threw the ring against the wall and took the lamp smashing it on the floor repeatedly while crying, "I fucking hate this!"

Janes POV

We silently listened to the loud noise coming from upstairs. Elena had probably destroyed everything in there by now. 

"That's it," I said, getting up, "I'm not going to let her suffer for any second longer."

Nick grabbed my arm, telling me to sit back down. 

"As bad as this sounds," he looked at me and Jack, "you guys weren't here for the time I was. She isn't the Elena you remember. And I am hundred and one percent sure when I tell you this is what she needs right now."

Jack laughed sarcastically from behind: "who are you to talk? You barely said a word to the girl before meeting her as Lena. We were the ones that were the closest ones to her. You wouldn't even care one bit about her."

"You're right about me not caring about her," Nick replied, "after all why should I when at the end of the day she brought so much pain to a the girl I loved and in the end was the reason she broke up with me?"

He did have a solid point, so Jack didn't really have anything to say. 

"But the girl I know her as, have known for a year is my best friend, she is like a little sister to me and since the day we met we haven't spend even one day apart. So I repeat - I know what she needs now and if that is her losing her shit in that room and making my room a complete mess, then so be it. I understand you are worried, but I'll know when it's time to go to her."

Both me and Jack nodded and waited in silence, still hearing the glass shattering and loud bangs, which I assumed was her breaking, kicking or punching the furniture. Maybe even all. 

I understood her pain in so many ways I wish I didn't. Death of someone blood related to you is heartbreaking. It tears you apart in all possible and impossible ways. So I couldn't be mad at her outburst at me, after all I was way worse just a while ago. 

"Fuck you!" all of our heads snapped to upstairs, "I fucking hate this shit!"

"And that is our cue to go," Nick said, running upstairs. 

When me and Jack reached the room, Elena was already in Nicks arms, her arms and legs bloody from destroying the room. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, as she was silently crying in the crook of his neck. 

"I'll take her to her room and clean her up," Nick whispered to us.

Jacks facial expression could only be described as destroyed. He was longing to be the one that takes care of her, that comforts her, yet he had been the one that made her this way. 

"Just go downstairs, I'll clean this up," I said, taking in the destroyed room.

There was glass at some parts of the floor, the bed was completely messed up, the pillows torn open laying on the ground just like the sheets, also little table and chairs were completely torn apart, which I had no clue as to how she had done that. 

Jack ignored me, walking to the part of the room near the balcony, where a shiny little ring was. He picked it up. 

"It's Elena's mothers ring," he said, studying it. 

"She must have thrown it away while doing this.." I assumed. 

"Anyways," I said, trying to decide where to start from, "just go downstairs and eat something or so.."

Jacks phone buzzed: "Nick sent me a text saying he'll send a maid over, so no need to clean up."

"It's fine, I kind of need to do it."

That was my way of calming down.

He nodded, leaving the room.

An hour, 4 trash bags, bloody fingers and quite a lot of sweat later I had finished cleaning it up. While cleaning up the glass, I had accidentally cut myself. 

I went downstairs, finding Jack laying on the couch, his hands behind his back. 

"Did you just lay like this the whole time?" I asked, becoming worried.

"Maybe," he shrugged.

I sat near his legs: "Jack, I'm worried about you."

"I know."

"Don't do that. Talk with me."

He sat up, running his hand through the hair: "what do you want me to say? I screwed up and I feel bad. I should feel bad, right? She remembers me, finally, yet we still can't be together and now most likely she will hate me for the rest of her life because I brought back the memories of her dead parents. I love a girl that can't even look at me anymore."

"Just wait until she calms down and mourns the death of her parents and talk it through without making any stupid decisions, okay?"

"Jane, we both know nothing will change even if I wait a few more days," he said, looking at me helplessly. 

I couldn't convince him otherwise because part of me knew he was right. 

"Simply promise to wait and talk with her," I said, trying to convince him to not loose hope.

He looked at me as if I was joking, then sighing as he realized I wasn't.

"Fine," he nodded, "but you'll need to let me go this time, because I won't allow you to come back just because of me."

That surprised me. I hadn't even thought about the consequences Elenas words would have once again. I'd have to choose again and I knew I couldn't make the same decision again if I want to keep the love of my life. 

It was my turn to nod. 

"Jack, El wants to talk to you," Nick said, staring at us, it being obvious he had heard our conversation. 

"Wish me luck," Jack said, getting up. 

And I really did because not having either of these guys in my life would be like not having a part of me in place.