Goodbye

And if love is a drug I don't want it

Because I don't have any self control 

The harder I try to get off it 

The more I can see that I need it

/Hostage - Danrell x Smaland/

After 2 months

"Jack, stop being such a child, Elena's leaving in an hour, we need to leave now!'' I cried, trying to  make Jack leave his bed.

After Elena's concert in the bar, she officially announced that she and her family are moving to live in Cali in a month, because of an offer she got from a record company.

At first Jack couldn't even talk to her, he didn't want to lose her. That made me beg Elena's parents to let her stay in my house for one more month and after a long discussion about pros and cons they agreed to my idea. Somehow Jack came out of his little world and he and Elena made promise to not let this long-distance ruin it for them and decided to stay together and keep things going.

However, this is the day that Elena has to leave and Jack clearly doesn't want to see her leaving, so he has decided to act like 5 year old and be a trash.

''Jack.. Can I talk to you?'' Elena knocked on his door softly.

He suddenly stiffened and got out of his bed. Red circles around his eyes clearly couldn't hide that he hadn't slept and has cried. I was surprised, because he had never cried, not in my sight.

''I'll wait for you two in the car. Hurry up, thought," I left sighing. 

I knew this wasn't easy for both of them and there was no way they could stop Elena from leaving, because she had to do this for the sake of her future and dreams. But Jack is still my best friend, I know how much pain and sleepless nights this will cost him.

I opened my velvet BMW's doors and wrapped my arms around the steering wheel, placing my head on it. I miss Nick. We aren't over, but since we found out Elena was leaving, we didn't spend as much of time together. Our relationship is still great.. I think. Also we have discussed going to the same university after graduating high school. I just hope he is ok, since we hadn't talked that much lately. I should call him. I smiled and quickly unlocked my phone, ringing him, waiting for his reply.

''Hey, babe. How are you?'' I hope I didn't sound like an excited little kid.

''I'm fine, just missing you," I heard him yawn, but his voice still made my stomach turn into a ball full of butterflies.

''I miss you too. I'll drop Elena in the airport and then I'll step by, ok?'' somehow I knew this made him smirk.

''Step by? Sweetheart, you won't be able to get out of my bed once I'm finished with you,'' he said as I saw Elena and Jack coming to the car.

''You better fulfill this promise once I'm there. Gotta go, love ya.'' Jack was smiling once they got into the car, but I could see that this smile didn't reach his red eyes. Elena looked at me, smiling, trying to not break in front of Jack.

''Ready, guys?'' trying to cheer them up with my happy voice didn't seem to work as they just let out a quiet nod.

Once we reached the airport and checked Elena in, I gave her the tightest hug possible and loudest kiss on the cheek. I couldn't help it as I felt tears in my eyes. She was my closest friend except Jack, after all.

''Don't forget me once you make friends with these hot Cali girls, okay? Please?'' she hugged me once more.

''How could I forget you, hun? More like, remember me," she laughed with tears in her eyes.

''I love you, Ellie,'' we hugged the last time only this one exploding in tears, ''please, don't forget me.''

''I love you too, J.''

All good things must come to an end, so we let go of our tight grip and I stepped back a few steps to let Jack and Elena have their moment. I could see how they were both trying to hold it in for each other. They hugged, kissed, hugged and kissed and then we heard Flight to Cali is leaving in 2 minutes, everyone, please, get into your plane and I could see Jacks grip tighten and Elena's eyes getting full with tears, but they let go. She walked away, letting go of Jacks hand that was still connected with hers.

''I love you, Jack. See you later!'' She shouted, her voice cracking on the last word and tears coming out of her eyes as she quickly walked into the plane.

''I love you too, Elena," Jack said so quietly that even I barely heard it.

''She'll be back. You two will meet again, Jack. It's okay, you hear me?'' I said pulling him in a tight hug. He hugged back but soon enough pushed back.

"Jane, I'm not 5. Stop acting like my mom. I'm perfectly fine," he said laughing.

''Shut up,'' I playfully hit his chest, ''Cmon, my baby boy. I'll take you home.''

We spent the half an hour drive singing to nirvana's songs and laughing it out. I knew that he didn't feel like talking right now, I could see it in his eyes. Don't ask me how, It's just what a long friendship does to you.

Once we reached his house, I hugged him, but since we normally acted like bros it got awkward and he quickly got out of my car laughing about how girly I'm trying to act.

In 10 minutes I reached Nicks house. I unlocked his doors. Yes, I am still surprised by the fact he gave me a key to his house. He didn't live with his parents, they didn't seem to care about him that much, but I never tried to ask about this, seeing as he reacted to this topic. It was out of his comfort-zone

I quickly took off my timberland boots and denim jacket, quietly going to his room. As I reached his room I realized that he wasn't in his bed.

And then I felt his arms around my waist, starting to take my clothes off slowly, while kissing my neck. Once I was half naked I turned around to face him and we started a huge make-out session. He then pushed away.

''What's wrong?'' He looked at me concerned, trying to get past by the wall I had mentally built up.

''Nothing,'' I started to kiss him but he once again pushed away, ''Oh, Cmon!'' I rolled my green eyes at him. 

I do not want to have the talk right now. I knew that I would break. But it was too late as a teardrop that slowly moved down my cheek let me down.

''I just miss her, already,'' he sat down on the edge of bed and put me on his lap encouraging me to go on, ''I just don't know how Jack will survive this..''

His eyes immediately turned a shade darker as I mentioned Jack, but he quickly hid it under his mask of no emotions. That's when I broke. Tears just came and came, I sobbed. I hid my face under my arm, but he slowly moved it. I don't know what made me crack to this point, I was no more the girl who cried, who would be worried.

''It's okay, let it all out, baby," He talked to me as if he was my parent and I was 5 years old, but I couldn't care less, I lied on his shoulder and cried until I felt sleep taking me away.

I thought I heard Nick say I love you but I didn't say anything as I knew it was just sleep messing with my mind.