More than friends, less than lovers

When we walked arm in arm

I felt like we can throw away

The forces of our past

And I know too

It's been the hardest days for you

Let's throw them out the window

That's what those lovers do

/Down by the river - Milky Chance/

''Daaaad, my head hurts. Don't make me go to school.. please?''

''Jane, it's just your brain trying to comprehend its own stupidity. Now, get up!''

''Ugh, fine. I'll have my revenge in the basketball court tomorrow.''

I guess dad was right about the fact that I shouldn't of gone to Jacks game yesterday, but it wasn't my fault that I had accidentally tripped over something and ran into wall.

Clumsy, that's one way to describe me..

Anyways Jack is my best friend, I couldn't of not gone.

I quickly got up and ran outside, picking up my backpack and lunch on the way out.

And there he was, still as handsome as ever.

''Hey there, fatty. How did the game go yesterday?'' I said as I jumped on his back so he could give me a piggy ride to school.

Not to mention, hot back. This guys over here was my bestie since I could remember myself. Well, not really, but I remember on the first day of school I was sitting all alone and this guy started bullying me, but then this cute guy with hazel eyes and light brown hair came over and ironically smashed his cupcake all over the guys face. The bully started crying, and Jack told me that I will have to pay for that cupcake with friendship. And I did, the whole time until this very day.

''Who's the one to talk. Jane, you're starting to get heavier day by day. But we won, obviously.'' I could feel him grinning like an idiot. What can I do if my best friend's a fool..

''Soo.... How's things going with Elena?'' Elena was his crush. A really shy, yet beautiful girl with an amazing gift - singing. As well as she was blind enough that she couldn't see Jack drooling over her.

''It's fine..'' He was blushing, my adorable bestie was blushing over girl. I need to write that down somewhere, because this was a first in our long friendship.

''Did you guys finally ki-'' I couldn't finish my sentence, as Jack had already placed a hand on my mouth, seeing Elena approach.

This girl was whole other level of beautiful. I assume her dark brown hair and blue eyes didn't make Jack resisting her any easier.

I smirked. ''Go, get her, tiger!'' I shouted so Elena would see us and got off Jacks back to push him to her side. I hugged Elena and she blushed, how cute she was..

''Gotta go guys, see you later!'' I winked at Jack and left.

Obviously I was just giving them some extra private time together. Their relationships were only starting to bloom like cherry blossoms.

I felt myself bumping into someone thanks to my daydreaming.

''The fuck? Are you blind or something?'' I knew this voice. It was Nick. My new, hot, not to mention annoying classmate. 

I just kept on walking, ignoring him, because I couldn't be bothered to fight in the morning and this guy was pure trouble.

''Are you ignoring me? Jane get back here.''