Chapter 11 - A Celebrity, Cinnamon Rolls & Coffee Jelly

Wow, this chapter is 3,000 words. I thought my other chapters which are 2,500 might be too long. Hahaha! I hope you guys do enjoy the story, though. I know the progression is a bit slow, but I guess I like building up my characters a lot and letting my OC really have a life of her own.

"Mugami Toru."

"Oh, well, nice to meet you. I'm Hiro Emiko."

'Does she not know who I am?' Mugami Toru asked himself. "Sorry, you don't know who I am?"

"Uhm, well, no. Assuming your shock, I'd say you were a celebrity?"

"Well, yes." He smiled flirtatiously "May I just say how nice it is to be rescued by a beautiful woman who doesn't even know who I am."

"Uhuh." Emiko mustered not really knowing what to say.

"Well, for my thanks, I'm offering to take you on a date with me!" He smiled brightly with a thumbs up.

"Well, I only did what I thought was right and you did thank me earlier. That's enough, really." She said.

"No, no, no! That can't be it. What about my pride as a man?"

"You can swallow it and just be thankful, I guess." She said getting more uncomfortable.

'I've never had a woman reject me before. This can't be.' The celebrity said panicking inside. "Yeah, that won't work. What will people think if they find out that their favourite celebrity didn't thank his saviour properly?"

"You did thank me. And other than us, no one has to know that I stood up for you."

"You're really frustrating!"

"So are you. I don't want to go on a date with a stranger. Perhaps you may be on TV, perhaps the whole of Japan loves you, but I don't know who you are personally. So please, your thanks is enough. You don't owe me anything."

The man was quiet for a moment trying to register what she said to him. It's strange. He'd never met anyone who wanted to get to know him personally before jumping the gun just to be around him. And, he's never met anyone quite so selfless. Being in showbiz or constantly surrounded by the media, whatever is done always needs something in return. So this woman who just saved him, turned him down and said that a simple 'Thank you' is just enough, is an enigma to him. Deciding he didn't want a rare species of human to hate him, he decided to stop pushing the issue.

"I won't force you anymore. I apologise." He said.

'Hm. Maybe he isn't so crazy after all.' Emiko told herself.

"At the very least, will you allow me to walk you home?" He said not quite wanting to part ways with this beautiful enigmatic creature.

"I suppose I don't see why not." Emiko said half-heartedly.

The two walked on their way and the celebrity put back his shades on as to not capture any attention.

"I've been thinking about it, and the most probable reason of rejecting me is that you have a boyfriend."

'Gosh. Just how self centred is this guy?' Emiko thought exasperatedly. "No, I do not have a boyfriend, nor do I intend to have one anytime soon. Although, what about you? Anyone special in your life?"

"Me? Oh yes." He looked up "She is the most beautiful and perfect thing on this earth. Well, one of. Now that I've met you, I think you are just as beautiful if not more."

"Ahem, well, does she return your feelings?" Emiko asked trying to get the subject off of her.

"I'd like to think so. I give her things all the time and take care of her."