Chapter 22: A Lesson on Peeping

Author's Note: I get so happy whenever you guys save this story and favourite the chapter. What have you guys been up to lately?

"... then you fold the wrapper like so and then... Uhm, n-no, Mera, you can't eat the filling raw! Where was I? Uhm, if it doesn't stick, you can dab very little water on your finger and spread it on the edge of the dough to make sure that you seal it. After that, you're good!" Emiko said as she finished demonstrated how to wrap a Gyoza (dumpling).

The girls from Class Three (Rei, Yuuki, Chiyo, Kokomi, Tora, Mera and a couple others) were at Emiko's house for their sleepover and making dumplings for their dinner. It was Kokomi's idea to make dumplings as she bashfully admitted that she really enjoyed the Gyoza their pink haired friend cooked for New Year's and that she'd been craving it ever since.

"Like this?" The blue haired girl asked with a perfect dumpling on her palm. 'Well, I know it's perfect because I'm perfect!'

"Exactly! You got the hang of it right away!" Emiko said cheerfully. "Okay, so I'll flatten the dough to make the wrappers and then you girls fill it and fold it! M-Mera, stop. Please don't eat the dough. Wait here." The hostess went to the fridge and brought out a couple of sandwiches for Mera. "Sorry, they're cold, I can heat them if you li--"

Mera didn't wait for them to be heated up before she gobbled them all.

As the girls were wrapping the dumplings, Tora, who'd been brimming with curiosity since the day before finally burst.

"So, Yuuki, I heard that you received chocolates from a certain class rep, hm?"

Yuuki blushed. "Th-they were obligatory!"

"Maybeee! But you guys have become quite close I think. Didn't you have lunch together yesterday?"

"Well, we happen to have the same hobbies and such so we have plenty to talk about."

"Do you like Hairo?" Chiyo asked cheekily.

Yuuki sighed. "Yes..."

All the girls gasped. "Aw! We knew it!"

"Yeah yeah, I guess I'm not the most subtle but Hairo seems to be dedicated to his athletics, academics and life, generally, to notice me in that way, yah know. Which I respect. It's not like I wanna force him to be in a relationship it's just a happy crush and yeah, I don't see us happening."

They all sighed. Romance didn't seem to be in Hairo's list of yet.

Chiyo, however was adamant to play cupid, being that she was the only one in the group who has had a boyfriend, thus, she claimed that she was the most experienced one (in romantic affairs) out of all.

"Don't worry, Yuuki! I promise by the end of High School, you guys will be together and I as your wing-woman!"

They had a lovely time making dumplings and getting to know each other a little bit better. One, being that they learned that Rei could make a mean noodle dish that paired well with their Gyoza. While eating, Tora, the most curious one of all had to start ask something again.

"Neh, Emi-chan. You and Saiki seem rather close, yeah? You walk home together after school and all. Is there anything going on between you two?"

Chiyo and Kokomi, both having a crush on the said boy choked on their drinks.

"Y-y-yeah, Emi-chan! A-anything going on?" Chiyo asked. 'If he's dating Emiko, I should totally back off! There's no way I can compete with her!'

"Tell us! We'll keep your secret!" Kokomi said perfectly though inside she was totally freaking out. 'If she and Saiki are together, how could I have allowed myself to think about a taken man? What's something that Emiko has that I don't that made Saiki choose her over me?'