Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I opened my eyes when I heard Ella's voice outside my room. "Tin? Umaga na. May pasok pa tayo."

Masakit ang lalamunan ko but I managed to speak despite the pain.

"Okay, wait lang."

I'm thankful that my voice didn't crack. Napatingin ako sa may pulsuhan ko. The wound is still fresh. What am I supposed to do to cover that? Hindi mataas ang manggas ng uniporme namin at wala rin akong jacket o cardigan man lang.

"Can I come in?" Nandiyan pa pala si Ella sa labas.

"Sure."

"Are you okay?" As she enter my room. May pag-aalala ang mukha nito. Tumango ako sa kaniya.

"Why?"

"Wala ka kasi kahapon. And when we checked your room after our class, you were sleeping already. Medyo mainit ka rin kagabi."

"Sorry, medyo mabigat lang talaga ang pakiramdam ko."

Worry was evident in her eyes. "Kaya mo ba talagang pumasok? Maybe we can talk to the professors and excuse you for their classes." Umiling ako. I can't just excuse myself. Kailangan marami akong malaman tungkol sa mundong ito. There are so many things that I want to know.

"No, I'm okay. Kaya ko naman."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Oo."

"Kung gusto mo, you can excuse yourself in the combat class."

"No!" Mas lalong hindi ako pwedeng lumiban sa klase na 'yon. That's one of the most important classes I need to attend. "I need to go to the combat class today. I was absent yesterday, I need to at least attend to compensate for my absence."

Mukhang hindi pa ito kumbinsado. I held her hands. "Okay lang ako. Promise."

"Promise?" I smiled at her.

"Sige na, labas ka na. We'll be late if we'll just talk all day here. I need to wash myself."

"Okay. Tell us if sumama ang pakiramdam mo."

I shivered in coldness. Mamaya, pupunta ako kay Karl after my combat class. Baka nandoon na naman 'yon. I need to talk to him. I need to give the spear back to him. After thinking last night, I decided I should give it back to him. Hindi naman kasi 'yon sa akin. It's his. Sabihin na natin na I was able to actuate it. But is there something so special about it? I'm sure someone can actuate it as well.

"Eat."

"Thanks," I smiled at Aria who's pushing the bowl towards me. She was just looking at me. Is she worried?

"Ikaw nagluto?"

She nodded. Bahagya naman akong natawa. She's really quiet. Kaya minsan gusto ko ring malaman kung ano ang nasa isip nito. Palagi itong tahimik at minsan lang kung magsalifa. Pero ni minsan 'di ko ito naisipan ng masama. Simula ng makilala namin siya, she's been like that. And we don't know why or maybe she's just like that. Her quietness what makes her, her.

"Good morning!" Blaise greeted as soon as she enters the kitchen. She was wearing the school uniform.

"Morning."

"Oh, you're here, Tin!"

"Oo naman, why would I be not?"

"Lately you've been doing things outside that's why I thought you're not here."